Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Baseband - 06.15.00 on iPhone 3GS - Where can I go from here?

Question iPad Baseband - 06.15.00 on iPhone 3GS - Where can I go from here?
    Hey guys! I'm new here, since I always found ways to jb and stuff. Well I've been carrying around a 3GS with iPad Baseband - 06.15.00, Running 4.1. R

I remember it took me a while to get there, but now I feel the need to update to something newer than 4.1. So the question is, is there anywhere to go? Let's say I would like 4.3.3, what do I need to do here?

OR chances of trying one of the betas of iOS 5?

Thanks for your time. Would be great if someone would help.

Thanks

First of all welcome! AI'm a little confused, are you asking what to upgrade to? Or how? You could only upgrade to 4.3.5 unless you have SHSH blobs saved for 4.3.3.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1) don't try the iOS 5 beta. Tethered and buggy jb. You also need a developer's account.
    2) you need SHSHs saved like Jason said to get to 4.3.3. Otherwise as of now, you can only restore to 4.1 or 4.3.5 as those are the only firmware versions currently being signed by Apple.
    3) you don't need to go to 4.3.3 as 4.1 isn't lacking. Perhaps *some* improvements were made by honestly it's better to stay where you are until iOS 5 is officially released.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Going into IOS 5 beta is like digging a bigger hole for yourself

Thanx for the nice welcome!! Rite so I've got every SHSH saved from 3.4.5 to 4.1.
    So for instance I want to update anywhere from 4.1, what do I need to do? Because of the amount of tools, I just don't know where to go! So now I've got the iPad baseband since I rely on the unlock. From what I understood, there is a chance to go to 3.4.5.
    Can anyone post some steps for me? Thanx a lot!

Airplay stuff is worth updating to tho
    Last edited by ALXY; 2011-09-01 at 10:18 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Do you mean 4.3.5? I don't think 3.4.5 exists.

4.3.3 or 4.2.1 are the best firmware versions to upgrade to for a stable and bug-free jailbreak. If you only have SHSHs saved up to 4.1, you can't upgrade to 4.2.1 or 4.3.3

Let me get this straight: for any upgrade of already JB iPhone I must have ORIGINAL SHSH blobs from BEFORE jailbreak? Right or wrong?
    And if I don't have SHSH blobs there's no way to upgrade to some iOS that could fix my battery? Yes? No?
    I'm in the same situation as ALXY except I'm trying to solve battery drain issue. Thought a newer iOS would help.
    Thank you all!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if you get the SHSHs before or after jb, they have to be there period. If you didn't save them before Apple stopped signing them you don't have them. Unless you are on a certain iOS like 4.3.3 or 4.2.1, you can use iFaith to save the SHSHs for that fw version you are currently on.

So say you're on 4.3.3, and you want to restore to 4.3.3 but you don't have SHSHs saved. Simply get iFaith and dump the SHSHs for 4.3.3 and create with iFaith a signed custom firmware. Then you may use it to restore to 4.3.3 without any problems, typically speaking

Ok, I believe you have cleared it for me. I'm definitely stuck on 4.1... Damn blobs! Whatever they are, anyway... Thank you for your answer!

This is useful information. I just bought my iPad.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No problem!