Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone got Utube to run after the jailbreak?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Has anyone got Utube to run after the jailbreak?
    I used Ziphone 2.6b on my 1.1.4 iphone. All worked just fine for me, except now utube will not load. I tried just about every patch out and it still will not connect to utube. Has anyone got theirs to run at all? Also Yahoo mail will not work, but since all other mail apps work, I am not TOO concern with Yahoo mail not operating. Any ideas?

Try this.....restore the phone in Itunes.

Then, "jailbreak" the phone using Ziphone but DO NOT activate it with Ziphone.

After that, use Itunes to activate it.

Quote Originally Posted by artjr View Post
    I used Ziphone 2.6b on my 1.1.4 iphone. All worked just fine for me, except now utube will not load. I tried just about every patch out and it still will not connect to utube. Has anyone got theirs to run at all? Also Yahoo mail will not work, but since all other mail apps work, I am not TOO concern with Yahoo mail not operating. Any ideas?
    If your phone has been jailbroken before you can get all sorts of problems if you do an upgrade. I recommend to Restore it to 1.1.4 that will clear out all old data from the phone.

After this you could either use Ziphone to activate/unlock/jailbreak or you could use iPlus 2.0b.

In other entries you will find a lot of discussions on which of theese that are the better. Personally I prefer iPlus mainly because it will automatically add some of the installation you will need. It saves you time but I have also used Ziphone before I knew about iPlus.

So in short Restore to 1.1.4 with iTunes and then run iPlus 2.0b

do not activate with ziphone just jailbreak

Quote Originally Posted by loster4play View Post
    do not activate with ziphone just jailbreak
    If your not on AT&T or some of the other official carriers you have to activate it you like to use your iPhone as anything else than an expensive iPod.

As I said in my reply I would use iPlus. http://ipluspwns.com

Quote Originally Posted by stefan4711 View Post
    If your not on AT&T or some of the other official carriers you have to activate it you like to use your iPhone as anything else than an expensive iPod.

As I said in my reply I would use iPlus. http://ipluspwns.com
    I think what lost2play meant, as I said in my post....was to use Itunes to activate.

I used Iplus 2.0b and still have the same problem. No matter what I do I can't get Youtube to work. I've used Ziphone with the same issues. I even went to the installer and installed the youtube activator for 1.1.4, no luck. I've followed instruction here on going to the phone files and replacing them with a different set, no luck. Someone has to know how to do this.