Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Best way to JB iPhone 4 on Firmware 4.1 going to be used with Gevey Turbo Sim

Default Best way to JB iPhone 4 on Firmware 4.1 going to be used with Gevey Turbo Sim
    Hi All,

Now that I have sucessfully manged to get the hang of Tiny Umbrella I said i would run this one past ye before proceeding down a road I wouldnt be to sure about

I got a Free iPhone 4 from a mate who cracked the screen and got a new one from insurance and they never asked for the cracked one back. So I replaced the screen and phone is workin A1 at the moment I did a quick JB on it using Redsn0w but the problem is its not restored to my profile its still my mates with all his info etc etc.

The Firmware is 4.1 and is locked to a Oz network called Optus, I am currently in Australia and will be going home to Ireland in about 2 weeks so i need to get this phone unlocked I was going to go down the road of using a Gevey Turbo Sim in it back home in Ireland but is this a good or bad idea?

Also the next thing is going to be restoring it to blank the then using my itunes info to get my contacts and stuff on it. What would ye recomend as the best JB process to get this 4.1 Firmware iPhone 4 back to my profile i currently have a Optus Sim in the phone and it works great but just want to wipe it and then possibly get the Gevey Turbo Sim if thats the best option depending on yer opinions!

Thanks,
    Dubs

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Do not do a reset or restore if you don't have 4.1 blob. LimeraIn can jailbreak your 4.1 fw.

Just checked and all the Blobs I have are:
    5.0b1
    5.0b2
    5.0b3
    5.0b4
    5.0b5
    5.0b6

I have it JB at present with RedSn0w, is it worth rejailbreaking with Limera1n?

Is the way it is at the moment the way it's going to have to stay and manually delete stuff?

Cheers for the reply :-)

Would anyone know the answer to above? Just looking to confirm if my current jailbreak on 4.1 is as far as I can go!

Thanks

Yes, this is the furthest you can go, do your manual delete and don't use Limerain as you have used redsnow to jailbreak.

Coolio that's no problem!
    Is there any application like iFunbox that can take the contacts from one iPhone and copy them to the iPhone 4?

Thanks

If you want to clear all contacts on this iPhone , sync with iTunes that does not have contacts, when ask whether to merge say No, your contacts on iPhone will be cleared.
    Now sync with the computer with contacts. It can be done if you play with it.

If you don't have another computer , change the contacts sync for example to google address book which does not have contacts and then change it back .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-01 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    If you want to clear all contacts on this iPhone , sync with iTunes that does not have contacts, when ask whether to merge say No, your contacts on iPhone will be cleared.
    Now sync with the computer with contacts. It can be done if you play with it.

If you don't have another computer , change the contacts sync for example to google address book which does not have contacts and then change it back .

Would it be possible to copy the files from Raw File System/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook in iFunbox from my 3gs to the other iPhone 4?

I tried it quickly and i got rid of the old contacts from the iPhone 4 but my 3gs contacts didnt show on the iPhone 4 :-(