Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!!!!

Exclamation Help!!!!
    HI People
    ive got an iphone 4 on 4.3.5. modem firmware 04.10.01. i jailbroke my iphone with redsnow. At the time i didnt realise that it would affect my ibooks. It was only when i checked on the internet after that i found out that ibooks wont work with a tethered jailbreak. is there anyway in which i can get ibooks to work. Or is there any untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5. or any other solution. is it possible to downgrade the phone back to 4.3.4 or 4.3.3. my friend mentioned something about it not being possible cause of a baseband issue or something i didnt really understand him as i am not very well versed in all the iphone lingo. Many thanks and look forward to hearin from you people
    Thanks
    Newuseruk

Thanks

If you have your SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 saved, you can downgrade. I think I know of a method to fix your iBooks issue. Download and open Redsn0w, then deselect Cydia and just run through the process. This should fix your problem. If you need me to elaborate let me know. Hope this helps
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Default Thanks
    Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i didnt know about saving the SHSH files until after i had upgraded so i think that is a no go. Would you be kind enough to elaborate on the ibooks thing you mentioned. Thanks again.

Thanks

-Download Redsn0w: Redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 Download is Available Now for Jailbreaking iOS 4.3.3
    -Find the 4.3.5 IPSW, Windows: Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates Mac: ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates
    -Open up Redsn0w and click browse
    -Find the 4.3.5 IPSW using the instruction provided above
    -Click next and let it patch the kernal, etc...
    -Then when you get to the screen that will allow to to install Cydia and such, uncheck install Cydia then continue
    -Then power your device off
    - Then click continue and Redsn0w will guide you through the process of putting your device in DFU mode
    -When that finishes just let Redsn0w do its work
    -Then iBooks should work

Hope this helps!

-
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

Will that then get rid of cydia? And if that does happen will ********** still work?

Thanks

Talk of warez is not permitted on MMi. No Cydia will not be removed.
    iPhone 4S | MacBook Air

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iJasonTATE For This Useful Post:

newuseruk (2011-09-02)

hello again
    i tried the process you advised me on, unfortunately it didnt work and the phone stayed in the mode where only the apple is on the screen, i then had to reboot it using redsnow.Any ideas?
    thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

It is called Tethered Jailbreak if you need to tether boot from stuck apple logo

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    It is called Tethered Jailbreak if you need to tether boot from stuck apple logo
    Sorry i did do that. It was regarding the ibooks issue. The app still isnt working

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

This is the issue with previous version of redsn0w beta version, try the latest version of Redsn0w 0.9.8 b7b to jailbreak.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-09-03 at 12:25 AM.