Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP! How to update 4.1 to 4.3.3

Exclamation HELP! How to update 4.1 to 4.3.3
    Please help i have been asking everywhere but i have yet to get an answer so sorry if this is a stupid question .my iphone 3gs is running on the 4.1 firmware and the baseband 6.15 & it is jailbroken using limera1n , how can i update my iphone to the iphones original firmware 4.3.3 without bricking the phone and still be able to jailbreak? i don't rely on an unlock & my shsh blobs are saved though "make my life easier" in cydia. if i cannot update to 4.3.3 for any reason such as apple won't sign the firmware what is the highest firmware i can update to and still jailbreak?.any help will be appreciated. i have been goggling and the thing that comes up most is using ireb to put it into pawn dfu mode then use itunes to restore to custom firmware but i don't want try and to do anything that might brick my phone or render it useless

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

SHSH blobs are required to load any iOS. To find out what iOS restore versions are available to you, run Tiny Umbrella and Save SHSH. The results should match Cydia.
    BTW: 4.3.3 is the latest fully jailbreakable iOS

Hi thanks for getting back to me so quick, i have saved my shsh blobs using tiny umberlla and the results show that i can restore back to 4.1, to 4.3.5(8L1) & then 5.0b1, to 5.0b2, to 5.0b3. i have attached a screen shot of the results to this post. so i take it this means that i can only upgrade to 4.3.5 so i will have to wait till an -untethered jailbreak comes out for 4.3.5 before i can upgrade my firmware? -restore-files.png

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unfortunately yes. Restore options are limited to 4.1 and 4.3.5.