Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone is stuck between 4.3.5 and 4.3.3

Question Phone is stuck between 4.3.5 and 4.3.3
    PROBLEM SOLVED

For anyone else in the future who may have this problem, just use your clean 'hosts' file and restore from recovery mode

Basically I tried the method of downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 without SHSH Blobs after stupidly upgrading. I tried multiple times on Vista and Lion but completely messed up and now I'll just wait for iOS 5, but in the mean time my iPhone is really messed up.

Certain apps (safari being the worst) close instantly after opening.
    I tried reseting to recovery and DFU modes, I get an error saying that I don't have permission to upgrade although my iPhone's "about" says it is in 4.3.5.

I also tried the "Erase All Content and Settings" but that got the spinning wheel seconds after starting.

And there is a blank Cydia icon.

I really just need to get back to the basic iPhone ASAP.
    Last edited by purple37; 2011-08-26 at 12:15 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Restore it to stock 4.3.5. Without SHSHs you can't restore to anything but that properly.

Edit: set the device into recovery mode and iTunes should recognize it, hit restore and let it do the upgrade to 4.3.5.

I have tried many times and just tried again and get the error: 'The iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.'

Edit: I did mess with the 'hosts' file, could that be the issue? How do I go about getting back a clean copy, I didn't make a backup of it.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you ever installed and used TinyUmbrella before on your computer?