Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone won't downgrade

Default iPhone won't downgrade
    hi everyone,
    i bought a new iPhone 4 gsm from at&t because i'm just too impatient to wait for the 5. now, i've been trying to jailbreak the phone, which after reading online i discovered that i need to downgrade the phone to 4.3.3 to do an untethered jailbreak.

problem is, every time i try to do a Shift+Restore (and i've added in the saurik server line to my Hosts file), i keep getting the iTunes 3194 error. no matter what i've tried (tinyumbrella, redsn0w, etc.), it doesn't work.

does anyone have any idea why this is happening? i'd really like to be able to jailbreak my phone but am getting so frustrated with not being able to.

Thanks

if you dont have an shsh then thats a no go

saurik's servers will only work if you had cydia save your SHSH blobs on an earlier firmware. Otherwise, its completely useless. Give it a try without the redirect. It probably won't work but its worth a shot. You may just have to wait until your firmware is cracked.

damn...so i guess i bought my phone a little too late then. does that mean the only option is a tethered jailbreak?? and i thought blackberry was bad.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah ur only option is a tethered. And a tethered iPhone is better then a blackberry