Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Retain jailbreak after restore / email app not working

Default Retain jailbreak after restore / email app not working
    Hello All,

I have the following setup:

iPhone 4
    Firmware 4.3.3 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com
    Not unlocked (I don't need to be unlocked)

I am having a lot of trouble with the following:

Email (Apple Mail app) is not working. When I try and remove and re-add my previously working Gmail account I get an immediate "imap.gmail.com" not responding error. It is as if the phone isn't even trying to reach out to the imap server. I have tried multiple fixes that I have found online for this with no luck. I have also tried adding my work email back in (using Exchange). That email account appears to add BUT I cannot get or send mail from it.

This issue started with me seeing emails in the email app that were dated 12/31/00 with no content and no way to delete.

If there is a fix for the email without restoring, please let me know. Otherwise I was planning on restoring the phone and re-jailbreaking. I have all of my jailbroken app data saved with PKGBackup. I would love to restore back to 4.2.1 if possible, but staying at 4.3.3 is an option too.

My iPhone is synced to iTunes on a Mac.

Thanks for the help.

Justin

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried another email account? My gmail does that once in a while as well for no reason, but returns to normal after a little while.

Thank you for the response. Here is some follow-up

-When I try adding my gmail account I get the immediate imap issue (its like the phone isn't even trying). If I just cancel out of the account and attempt to go to mail I get a "No Password" error. When I go into my account (Setting-->Mail-->Gmail) there is no password saved. I attempt to add my password, back to imap error.

-When adding my Yahoo! account I get a similar issue. I can't connect to Yahoo! mail either.

-When I add my work Exchange account it appears to add properly but when I go into the mail app there is no mail. It attempts to sync, but still get no information.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think it might just need a restore (just what I would do if it were mine) because all the different accounts don't seem to work/work right. At least with a restore it would tell you if it is the device or something else, bc usually a restore will resolve any issue.

I honestly don't know what's wrong though ... have you tried both on wifi and on 3G?