Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2G update to 3.1.3 firmware - Please help!

Default 2G update to 3.1.3 firmware - Please help!
    I am an idiot. My wife's really mad at me. I tried to update her old 2G Jailbroken phone to 3.1.3 - and bam! locked out!

Looks like iTunes backed up the data tho...in library/....

And seems like her home screen is showing her old wallpaper. so I am thinking all her data is still in there somewhere.

Can we jailbreak 3.1.3 and still maintain or restore all her contacts, emails, and notes?

Please help save my marriage!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Sync your iPhone again and this time hit restore to 3.1.3. Run redsnow 0.9.4 browse to stock 3.1.2 ipsw to activate, jailbreak and unlock it. You need to download bl 3.9 and 4.6 for unlock.
    Here is the guide iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    You cannot jailbreak as of now from your update to 3.1.3 , must be a restore first.
    Once the jailbreak is done, you can now set up in iTunes as a backup restore to get back her stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Sync your iPhone again and this time hit restore to 3.1.3. Run redsnow 0.9.4 browse to stock 3.1.2 ipsw to activate, jailbreak and unlock it. You need to download bl 3.9 and 4.6 for unlock.
    Here is the guide iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Windows)
    You cannot jailbreak as of now from your update to 3.1.3 , must be a restore first.
    Once the jailbreak is done, you can now set up in iTunes as a backup restore to get back her stuffs
    Thanks so much for getting back to me - The phone currently is locked up, until it's 'activated' or reformatted using iTunes. I have seen the backup files from previous 3.1.2 on 'library/....' - I am hoping when I reformat the phone and restore to factory settings this will be ok.

Instructions above for Windows, I am on a MAC OSX Tiger - but I am sure it's very similar. Here we go....wish me luck!

Appreciate the time to write back

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Hello - I've downloaded and followed the instructions for MAC - however, when I launch my iTunes, the AT&T setup screen comes up without an option to 'restore' - kindly help, many thanks in advance.

WOW, this is amazing! you guys are super genius ! let me know where to send you a small donation for your help. paypal email.

thanks again. marriage saved
    Last edited by dean-smith; 2011-08-22 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

No worries, and enjoy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

dean-smith (2011-08-24)