Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3gs 4.2.1 to update or not to update?

Default Iphone 3gs 4.2.1 to update or not to update?
    Hello modmyi,

I am currently using an iphone 3gs on 4.2.1 and i preserved the baseband. I plan on doing a fresh reformat and i was wondering if i should go to the latest firmware (custom bundle of course) or should i just stick with 4.2.1? just curious!! thanks everyone!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Stay put. 4.3.3 (the latest fully jailbreakable) adds very little except more Apple jailbreaking restrictions. The main addition is personal hotspot.

Thanks

Yeah stay there!! 4.2.1 is best on 3GS....I always say...like Mes said,
    U dont get much more with 4.3.x except more restrictions, less flexibility and stuttery performance!! I know...I tried it. I had never jb before and updated from my wonderful beautifully smooth 4.2.1 3GS, to a broken stuttery scrolling and launching apps crappy 4.3 3GS. 4.3.1 didn't fix it. Fortunately, I took to apple store for unrelated issue and The girl there replaced it. It came with 4.2.1 still on it. I complained to her about 4.3 breaking my phone and 4.3.1 didn't help much. 4.3.2 was out at that time. Told her not to update it cuz I think that's whAt they usually do..anywAy, I got 4.2.1 back and will never go up! Not even to 5! It works great, and with warranty up I jb'd for first time..sbsettings, 5X5 man!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^It appears you don't care that much for 4.3.3

Thank you very much everyone. I really appreciate it. My only other issue is how do i restore it? i did it with the custom bundle and i get error 1600 and then i get error 21. sigh. i thought it would be easier done than said.

Thanks

Mes..oh it's fine on ip4...but not 3GS as far as I know. My dad has 4 not jb'd. He updates whenever an update comes out..he has no issues to 4.3.5. More power.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teamhin View Post
    Thank you very much everyone. I really appreciate it. My only other issue is how do i restore it? i did it with the custom bundle and i get error 1600 and then i get error 21. sigh. i thought it would be easier done than said.
    What happened? You were on a working 4.2.1? Now 1600 and 21 error?