Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone4 on 4.3.3 jailbroken and unlocked have to keep, don't have signed shsh!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Iphone4 on 4.3.3 jailbroken and unlocked have to keep, don't have signed shsh!!!
    Ok I know there are guides and things and I was reading and will read more, but I really want to make sure that I have everything exactly right. Like I said I am on 4.3.3 and I don't have saved or signed blobs. The phone is jailbroken and unlocked, but I have trouble with the phone all the time using the actual phone part, when making calls etc. it always freezes up and the reboots into safe mode. Anyway the only thing I can figure to do is to restore and start over. I don't mind upgrading to 4.3.5 if there is an unlock. Can someone please tell me the best course to and maybe the easiest to follow. I now know about the Ifaith. Anyway please help by telling me the exact guides or steps to follow.

Thank you and so sorry if all this is out there, I will read the guides I just want to be sure I am following the right and best steps. Would love to get this started asap if there is anyone out there that knows thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Then use ifaith 1.2.3 to dump and create a custom fw to be restored upon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

islndsonya (2011-08-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok thank you, this is better than upgrading to the newest firmware is it? Also I know this sounds stupid, but I do have to jailbreak and unlock all over again right? One more thing I saved all the stuff on my phone with package backup from cydia save it to dropbox, this will help me get the stuff back on my phone I hope, or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks alot, am new to this!!

Thanks

After you have done a pkgbackup backup, remember to sync with iTunes again before doing ifaith thing.
    Once restored to ifaith custom fw, you are already jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let me make sure that I got this straight, I sync with itunes before I start anything. Then use Ifaith to dump and create custom firmware, then so I restore it thru Itunes again. Then I will be back with my jailbroken unlocked phone? I really do appreciate your help. I would not have thought to sync it thru itunes before I started so right there would have lost all my stuff.

Thank you very much!!

Thanks

Correct, once jailbroken , sync it to itunes to get contacts go to cydia and install pkgbackup up , refresh it and do a restore from pkgbackup.

I have to go guys, may come back tonight. Others will help you.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-21 at 03:01 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am really sorry there is just one more thing I actually do the restore thru Itunes do I, is this where I do the shift thing to get it to pick the custom firmware. Really this is the last thing I will ask for now am going to start and follow the guide just want to make sure about this.

Thanks Again!!

Thanks

yes, shift key+ restore iTunes and browse to this cfw by ifaith

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I know I said I was done but have one more thing there is a reset setting in my phone that will erase all content and settings, is this anything that I could try or that would maybe work, then I could jailbreak and unlock again after that and put my package backup back on, this really is the last

Thanks again!!! really do appreciate that there are people out there like you that will take the time to help people that don't know as much.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Don try it.. Phone will get stuck in bootloop anyways.. Do what iyeow said.Here use the latest ifaith
    iH8sn0w.com -- Maintenance Mode

12. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

islndsonya (2011-08-21)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Don try it.. Phone will get stuck in bootloop anyways.. Do what iyeow said.Here use the latest ifaith
    iH8sn0w.com -- Maintenance Mode
    Ok Thank you, thanks for the link also going to start the process in a few, it always scares me, I am new to it and I have to have so many instructions, am so nervous that I am going to do something wrong and end up with a brick. It is so crazy that you have to unlock these darn things anyway. I also have an IPad first generatioin on 4.3.5 and want to jailbreak does anyone know the best thing to use for this also.

Thanks

Have you restored to ifaith custom firmware yet ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Have you restored to ifaith custom firmware yet ?
    No I haven't just going to the site to start it now. Is there something I should know?

Thanks, for all the help so far.