Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repair a jailbroken iPh 3G stuck in recovery, no backups available, no SHSH backupps

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

When error 1015 pops up, close the error box and close iTunes. Then run TU and apply exit recovery

2. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

melcat76 (2011-08-21)

Wow, that worked!! It's a phone again!! When I connected to iTunes, the phone activated?!!! I tried to back up a to a previous backup, but of course, iTunes said the OS version on the phone was too old, so I've set it up as a new phone.

Here's the million dollar question: can I ever update the phone through iTunes, or is it a jailbroken phone now? If so, how can I ensure the OS/firmware doesn't become ridiculously out of date? Is this a sensible question? Or should I simply be delighted that the phone **SEEMS** to work again (it's still syncing, so I won't know for sure til it's finished).

Whatever the case, YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN JUST AWESOME.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Am afraid coz of the iPad baseband you will need to use a custom firmware to update.. But seeing that You don't have shsh blobs for firmware that are advisable u shud stay away from updating till untethered for iOS 5 is out.
    And as a matter of fact iTunes Is same for a jailbroken or stock phone. Sync,restore and all works same in both

Last thing your phone right now is not jailbroken. :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

melcat76 (2011-08-21)

I can't thank you enough for all your help.

Once untethered for iOS 5 is out, will that supersede the iPad bb thing, or is the baseband for iPad something completely, permanently) different from iPhone? (er, I don't even know what a baseband is, I've just heard it mentioned a lot, so sorry the question is clumsily posed ;D)

Okay, so meantime, no updates to phone through iTunes. Got it, I think: updating iTunes is okay, just reject all calls to update iPhone version, right? Is there anything else I should avoid like the plague?

Umm, will you guys be wanting that first-born child now, or is my eternal gratitude enough reward?
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 10:06 PM.

Thanks

You don't have iPad bb, so you are good to go. Now that your iPhone is up and running, run TU ,with iPhone plug in and click save shsh so your TU has your device recognised

Use of iPad bb only when you need to use it on other carrier as this will break your gps function
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-21 at 10:09 PM.

Thanks

^ if am missing something..she told she got her phone "unlocked" and when she hit update phone got stuck
    To OP can u tell us your modem firmware
    It's In settings>general> about

Thanks

I think the op is official carrier , getting stuck at 4.3.5 could be due to other stuffs

Thanks

Na she said she moved to Egypt so her husband unlocked it without asking

Thanks

Save up some money and get an iPhone 5 in Egypt ..lol

Ok done. Checked the log files, and it seems to check the phone against every known OS and then tell you if it couldn't save SHSH for this. Buried amidst all these, for 4.1, it said Cydia had the SHSH, so I assume it worked? There are check boxes in the advanced tab, relating to set Cydia as host on exit, etc - I no longer have Cydia app on my phone now, but I gather I just leave well enough alone there! Let me know if I should change anything.

iYeow, when you say I don't have the iPad bb, and am good to go, does this mean I am free to update the iPhone's firmware through iTunes?? And can I take a backup through iTunes now, or can this only be done before a restore/update?

Modem Firmware in settings reads: 06.15.00

Buy an iPhone here?? God no!! I'd pay more here than in the UK or Aus If iPhone 5 really is coming out in October, I might schedule in a purchase for next year though
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 10:23 PM.

Thanks

Agreed
    Even am thinking of selling my iPhone 4 now.. Next iPhone is gonna b legend-wait for it-dary !!
    But then thinking of waiting for a proper jailbreak first ..

Edit : there ya go. iPad baseband =. 6.15.00
    You don have cydia because your phone is no more jailbroken.. You can use limera1n to jb if you want to.

Stay on 4.1 for timebeing. Coz thats the only way u can use it right now.. Enjoy the phone :-)
    Last edited by xtacy; 2011-08-21 at 10:29 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

melcat76 (2011-08-21)

Thanks

So you do have the iPad bb, then do not update or you will not be able to kick out error 1015.

So are you getting any signal now without a jailbreak ?

No, you should do your jailbreak first before setting as a backup restore even though this is not recommended.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-21 at 10:39 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

melcat76 (2011-08-21)

Thanks

She was going to get it officially unlocked.. :-)
    So I guess no..
    Btw good night.. Off to bed. 2.15am :-/

I am getting an official signal, because I'm using my Aussie SIM. I don't care to use an iPhone in public here anyway (i.e. as an actual phone, not just iPod, ireader, etc, here in the house), as some people struggle to put food on the table, no way I'm walking around with a flashy phone, even if it is nearly 2 years old, I think that would be in poor taste Happy to use my little 5 year old Nokia locally. That's why I was particularly miffed with hubby for unlocking in the first place! I just didn't want it to be phucked, particularly as I will again use it as a phone when I get back to Aus.

In any case, YOU FREAKIN ROCK, the pair of you. Good night, and hopefully we'll meet again here, in happier circumstances, but with similar awesome result. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks

Welcome
    Nose blocked. Cant sleep ugh... :-/

Hope you're feeling much better soon! Start a thread in the forum, see if anyone has a fix for a blocked nose. This site is magic, so you never know..

Thanks

I know my medicines I study medicine lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123