Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Repair a jailbroken iPh 3G stuck in recovery, no backups available, no SHSH backupps

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Uh I asked if the iTunes sign has emergency dialing option..Thanks btw

Oh God, sorry!! I thought you just meant the ordinary usb cable & arrow pointing to the ordinary itunes icon. That's all I have - no emergency calling option. BTW, limera1n keeps asking me to retry (hold power + home).

Thanks

Then u didnot exit recovery,
    What happens when u Click exit recovery?
    I think u didnot restore properly..
    Uhh.

I just hit exit recovery in TU, and the apple logo appeared briefly, and then USB cable + itunes symbol is back, ever-present as always. Oh man. I'm sorry, dealing with someone so clueless must be frustrating.

Thanks

Its fine Hmm.. Do this
    Cwindows\system32\drivers\etc
    There will be a host file.
    Open it in notepad.. is there anything with gs.apple.com?'
    If yes remove it.

Bless your heart. Thanks for not giving up! You're a gem. Doing as you say now.

Scrap what I just wrote...I am now doing as you actually asked me to do, and checking the host file!!! :P
    (rolls eyes at self)

** okay: the last two lines both have gs.apple.com. Delete the entire lines? For clarity, since I seem to lack it tonight, here are the last 4 lines in the host file:

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    #127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks

Yup remove them.
    And then restore from iTunes to 4.1
    U will get 1015 :-)
    And then exit recovery.. I hope u get it working.. Or I can try to help u on gmail or something :-)

Oh for the love of God...I haven't got the permission to save the phucking modified host file. I'm currently researching how I give myself, as the only user on this bloody laptop, permission to modify this file, and save it in that location. Any idea?

I'm on [email protected] in case it's handier for you to reply that way. I'm so sorry this has turned into a full-time job for you! Thanks for all your help so far, you are a superstar.

Thanks

Actually I don have a job am on the site unless am sleeping or at college in lecture
    I added u from my yahoo account..
    Last edited by xtacy; 2011-08-21 at 08:23 PM.

You've been very patient with me, bless you! I've figured out how to save the hosts file, trying the restore again now. Should I be running TU when I attempt the shift+restore to 4.1 through iTunes?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Sorry I didn’t give up on you lol... I had to go out for some exhibition yesterday.
    When you hit error , you must get out of this loop before you apply this jailbreak. You can try using exit recovery to kick it out to get into emergency screen. Did you not get to that screen.

Attempting the restore now. Umm, sorry for another superdumb question, but how does adding me from your Yahoo account work? Will I get an email? :P

Thanks

If exit recovery doesn’t kick it out which it should. You can try this , from the recovery mode , put your iPhone into dfu mode and put these two files on your desktop after extracting and run fix recovery43 to get out of loop

Hi iYeow, no worries at all -- thanks for coming back!
    I've just attempted another shift+click restore to 4.1, I got the error 1015 again, went to TU, and exit recovery isn't available, only fix recovery. I hit that, and now the phone has a white screen. It's quite a pleasant change to the iTunes logo, but I haven't yet seen the emergency screen. Any ideas? Do I need to reconnect and reattempt, then try to get the Exit Recovery button to work in TU? Thanks again, you rock
    Okay, I had the emergency screen you were talking about. Got the phone to accept my PIN (must've stuffed up the first two attempts) I THINK...cos the phone now says emergency calls only. There is a little padlock at the top of the screen, and the small i button at the bottom right lists my IMEI and ICCID. Does this mean my PIN was wrong, or do I now need to use the file you've sent?? Or have I really stuffed up this time?? Thanks a million
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks

Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-21 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks

Fixrecovery on 4.1? It won't work as far as I know :-)
    Anyways emergency screen u got to hence it's good.. I don know why it wont accept your sim.. Put in your australian card.
    Last edited by xtacy; 2011-08-21 at 08:52 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

melcat76 (2011-08-21)

Thanks

You can use any unused official sim without pin to trigger from emergency to homescreen

My Aussie SIM is the one that's in the phone. Does the fact that it still says emergency calls only and lists the IMEI & ICCID info mean I have to call my Australian carrier and unlock the SIM somehow? Thanks soooo much for all your advice

Umm, sorry but I'm not sure what you mean. By 'official SIM', do you mean one from the Australian carrier to which it was network-locked in the first place? Cos that's what was in the phone.
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks

When you put your sim in , did you plug in your iPhone with iTunes ?

Correct , official sim is the the carrier officially locked to the carrier.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

melcat76 (2011-08-21)

The SIM was in the phone the whole time. It has been in the phone when I've connected with iTunes and attempted restoring previously. But after this last restore (which seemed to work?) after the 1015 error, iTunes shuts down, so it hasn't been running when I did the exit recovery from TU just now. Would attempting it again (the restore to 4.1) help?? Do I need to restart iTunes when I go to exit recovery?
    Last edited by melcat76; 2011-08-21 at 09:00 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast