Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS stuck at DFU mode - all solutions failed

Post iPhone 3GS stuck at DFU mode - all solutions failed
    Greetings.

My iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) had been disabled (wrong passcode attempts) by a friend. Immediately I attempted a 3.1.2 restore using iTunes 10 and I got Error 3194. I tried using TinyUmbrella but it wouldn't start (even though I used it before to save the SHSH blobs).

Since, I couldn't restore using the official IPSW, i put the phone into a Pwned DFU mode using redsn0w and tried restoring using a custom firmware 3.1.2. After the restore, the iPhone went into DFU mode and refused to come out of it. I tried custom firmware 3.1.3 but same problem.

I tried iREB, FixRecovery, GreenPois0n but nothing worked. Using redsn0w I tried to boot tethered, install cydia, install iPad baseband options and they would start working but the phone remained in DFU. I downloaded a 4.2.1 custom firmware but also did not work.

Later I found out that Java blocked my IP address range and I was able to access TU using HotSpot Shield. I started the TSS server and tried using all kinds of IPSWs (official and custom) but nothing worked. The phone refused to go out of DFU.

I downloaded the latest redsn0w_win_0.9.8b5 and attempted to boot tethered , it worked and got me the "Emergency Screen", thinking I was going somewhere I attempted another restore but the same problem and after that I couldn't get the emergency screen again.

Please help. I tried every solution I could find posted in the internet.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Your problem Is lack of shsh blobs.
    What blobs does tinyumbrella show?
    Or restore to 4.1 stock without using tinyumbrella and make sure ur hosts file DOESNOT have gs.apple.com string.

It worked... Thanks for such a swift, simple and effective solution, xtacy... ur awesome.
    Out of curiosity, why specifically 4.1 ? Care to educate me ?

Thanks

Thanks
    4.1 because right now apple is signing 4.1.. I hope you know that frmware needs to be signed by hashes when we install it on an iPhone 3GS or 4.. And the hash check is carried out everytime the phone boots. You didnot have them hence the phone didnot boot. Apple signs 4.1 and hence hash check is successful and the phone restores and boots normally.. These hashes are what we called shsh blobs

Got it. Thanks O' Wise Sensei

Thanks

Lol