Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is There a Mod That Allows BlueTooth Headset Use?

Default Is There a Mod That Allows BlueTooth Headset Use?
    Hi -- I was not sure where to post this, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I'm a newbie to jailbroken phones.

I have a jailbroken 3GS and have been trying to get my bluetooth headset to work but it has not recognized it. All I want to do is to be able to talk using the headset, I'm not interested in tethering or transferring files etc. Just want to talk. My headset is a Samsung thought I bought close to two years ago. I do not know the model (writing is so tiny I cannot even read with magnifying glass). Can't afford to buy a new one and I love this one anyway. Is there any way to get it to work? An app? A mod/tweak? it worked fine with my jailbroken 2G (given to me by a friend and already set up)

Thanks much!

TT

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You need a Bluetooth with A2DP capabilities.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You shouldn't have to apply anything for Bluetooth to work with a headset. It could likely just be your iPhone if it works with another iPhone. Or the Bluetooth headset isn't too dated for the newer iPhone. But I doubt the latter is the case bc I have a pretty old model Bluetooth headset and it worked fine. But I would suggest to restore if possible (need SHSHs for most devices for newer fw versions) and see if that fixes your issue. Does your device pick up other devices with Bluetooth? Such as games where you can play with other iPhone users via Bluetooth? Test that out and confirm the actual Bluetooth on the iPhone is able to recognize other devices before doing anything else.

OK, so I figured out that I have a Samsung WEP460 and according to listings I found for this unit, it says it is compatible with 3GS....but I cannot get it to work???

i.Annie....thank you for your reply. I'm newbie to this stuff so forgive me. The only other bluetooth enabled device in my appt is my ancient laptop. Would it somehow recognize this?

Edit*

you don't have the headset in recognize mode, generally you can enter this mode by holding the power button down while it turns on but keep holding it

Password default is usually 0000 or 1111 or 1234
    Last edited by BenderRodriguez; 2011-08-20 at 09:43 PM.

What is SHSHs ? don't i loose everything if I restore? i've been having a heck of a time getting files from my old 2G onto my new phone. pretty much had to give up on synching to make this happen. tried other things as well to no avail. unfortunately cydia no longer opens on my old phone so that's kinda of a show stopper. i just got whatever files off of it that i could, emailed some, etc etc. ready to move onto 3GS but having the bluetooth issue now. I'll also have to figure out a workaround for MMS.

thanks so much!

i will try that now BenderRodriguez. thank you.

Yay BenderRodriguez!! It worked thank you sooo much. I do not have instructions for this headset anymore and did not know I had to put it into recognize mode. You've made my day. Thanks again!

TT
    Last edited by ThymeTravel; 2011-08-20 at 09:51 PM.

Your welcome please thank me on site

Get music controls pro