Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS - 4.3.3. will only boot tethered or sit in DFU Mode

Default 3GS - 4.3.3. will only boot tethered or sit in DFU Mode
    I used Redsn0w rc16, and put on the 6.15 baseband to unlock. all was well. then, I used jailbreakme.com to install cydia. it crapped out during the install of cydia and it would not work.

To remedy that, I used Redsn0w rc16 again with the "cydia install" option checked and all seemed well. Something then happened to cydia so I tried to reinstall again using Redsn0w, and now I am stuck in a mode where I can only boot tethered via Redsn0w.

I used snowbreeze to create a custom ipsw for 4.3.3 with cydia included. It installs fine on my iphone with itunes (with appropriate use of iREB and TinyUmbrella). However, it never ends up booting. It just sits in DFU mode again and again unless I boot tethered with Redsnow.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

what version of snowbreeze did you use ?

Thanks

When you build your custom fw, how did you answer your bootrom , new or old and do you know if your bootrom is new or old .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-20 at 06:54 AM.

Snowbreeze checked and said I had the new bootrom, so that is what I used (redsnow also gave me an error and stopped when i picked old and tried it the first time).

More info
    Windows 7 64 bit
    I am running the apps using shortcuts for running as administrator and windows xp sp3 mode

Thanks

Do you have a pc that runs only 32 bits, if you do try it out.
    Redsnow giving error , try set affinity to one.

I did try a windows xp machine...i'll give it another go. Should I just try to restore my sn0wbreeze using itunes are do a bunch of stuff over again?

Thanks

If you need to upgrade iTunes, version 10.1 is good enough for 4.3.3. Just restore to the same custom firmware you created.

I am on itunes 10.4.0.80 (latest)

Thanks

Then, that is fine.

You have to download your 4.3.3 blob onto the other pc

11. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pearsth (2011-08-20)

OK - I tried it on an XP machine running 32 bit SP3. The following didn't work - (I tried in this order):

1 - Boot tethered, use Itunes to flash custom IPSW from Snowbreeze, got error, then put in DFU with Redsnow and Itunes flashed it - stayed in DFU when done
    2 - Use Redsnow again, nothing checked - stayed in DFU when done
    3 - Use Redsnow again, install cydia and new baseband checked - stayed in DFU when done

In the process of creating another custom ipsw with snowbreeze on XP and will try to load with itunes when done. Will keep you posted.

Tom

Just tried the last step with custom ipsw and snowbreeze on XP with itunes. No go..after it was done, I got the dissapointing disconnect/reconnect USB sound with no boot up on the phone. Now I am really stumped. The XP machine I am using had no problems with my iphone 3G.

I really think I hosed something up deep inside the phone in all my iterations of this. By the way, I used the "simple" option with snowbreeze.
    Last edited by pearsth; 2011-08-20 at 06:59 PM.

Thanks

ok , apple is signing 4.1 firmware . Now I want you to restore to stock 4.1 firmware, let apple verify your 4.1 blob meaning set hosts file pointing towards apple server. If you can get it back to booting status at home screen then you don't have to remove the battery to reset the iPhone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pearsth (2011-08-20)

We are getting closer, it seems.

Now, I am on the USB/CD Itunes logo screen and itunes got error 1015.

If this thing can just boot now into 4.1 and be unlocked and jailbroken, I will be happy with that.

What should I do next?

Thanks so much for your help thus far!

Tom

I used iREB recovery loop fixer popped in an old AT&T (not active) SIM and connected with itunes. The phone is working again.

Not sure what state I am in now. Since I have firmware 6.15 am I unlocked for any SIM? Also, what is a next step to put on Cydia?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
    Last edited by pearsth; 2011-08-20 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks

Install ultrasnow from cydia to unlock.

You should now be at 4.1 with iPad baseband.

Exit recovery can kick out error 1015 even you have iPad bb.

Oh, lime rain to Jailbreak at 4.1
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-20 at 08:53 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

pearsth (2011-08-20)

I am all set...thanks.

Tom

Default same here:(
    hey guys I have a similar issue, Im on iOS 4.1 BB 5.13.04 jailbroken with sn0wbreeze cuz had a BB 6.15 but Ive downgraded bb with redsn0w 9.14b1 and I can only boot teathered with redsn0w and phone will stay on if plugged into pc but if disconnected it will go into black dfu/recovery mode any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Lightbulb Hakuna Matata :D
    WOAH!!!! just had a huge break thru guys since I downgraded from 6.15 bb with the new redsnow to 5.13 you can now restore to a stock firmware and voala you can reboot without going into recovery/dfu black screen then jailbreak again install the ipad bb again then tested if i can reboot clean again it did but did not stop there so I downgraded 6.15 again to 5.13 and can still clean reboot finished all done hope this help someone

Quote Originally Posted by cmillan599 View Post
    WOAH!!!! just had a huge break thru guys since I downgraded from 6.15 bb with the new redsnow to 5.13 you can now restore to a stock firmware and voala you can reboot without going into recovery/dfu black screen then jailbreak again install the ipad bb again then tested if i can reboot clean again it did but did not stop there so I downgraded 6.15 again to 5.13 and can still clean reboot finished all done hope this help someone
    Yes due to musclenerd's ingenious finding you can restore to a stock firmware and just use redsn0w to downgrade to 05.13.04 and unlock

However there are a lot of people not being able to successfully downgrade currently which is why we're still suggesting to use a custom firmware until redsn0w is updated
    Last edited by EVO; 2012-06-25 at 01:28 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Susty's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
    Yes due to musclenerd's ingenious finding you can restore to a stock firmware and just use redsn0w to downgrade to 05.13.04 and unlock, you don't even need to install the iPad baseband first

However there are a lot of people not being able to successfully downgrade currently which is why we're still suggesting to use a custom firmware until redsn0w is updated
    Really? I thought going by what musclenerd said it had to be any iPhone already working with the iPad baseband? Curious now..

Quote Originally Posted by Susty View Post
    Really? I thought going by what musclenerd said it had to be any iPhone already working with the iPad baseband? Curious now..
    Sorry sometimes my fingers move faster than my brain X)

Thanks for the catch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast