Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Frozen Iphone

  1. #41
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    You can set hosts file pointing to apple server by the settings in Tiny umbrella if you don't know how to delete the line in hosts file.

  2. #42
    ok to start with i have used Ireb, now starting TU severs set hosts & update iphone 4 baseband are the only 2 boxes in advanced tab uncheck, downloaded 4.1 from iPhone Downloads starting itunes shift click restore selecting 4.1

    lets see what happens

    ware do i do this in tu?
    Last edited by davemcleod; 2011-08-21 at 02:21 AM.

  3. #43
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    oh, I didn't know you have an iPhone 4, you must have 4.1 blob. I thought you have a 3G or 3GS

    check with TU if you have any blob by clicking save shsh

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    oh, I didn't know you have an iPhone 4, you must have 4.1 blob. I thought you have a 3G or 3GS

    check with TU if you have any blob by clicking save shsh

    i have the 3gs, is there a differnt version of tu for iphone i may have? or is it just the 1 unit

    I got error 29 during that process i listed above

  5. #45
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Now we are back to 3GS , then restore to 4.1 without blob as apple resigns back 4.1

    All 3G and 3GS can restore to 4.1 anytime.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-21 at 02:36 AM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Now we are back to 3GS , then restore to 4.1 without blob as apple resigns back 4.1

    All 3G and 3GS can restore to 4.1 anytime.

    sorry for causing confusing, looking up this error 29 says happens after 4.0 update so going that far back to attemp that restore this is driving me up the wall not being able to restore lol

  7. #47
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    You are also driving me crazy as regards to your type of iPhone
    If you have fw higher than 4.1 installed on your iPhone and want to downgrade , you need to put iPhone into dfu mode.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You are also driving me crazy as regards to your type of iPhone
    If you have fw higher than 4.1 installed on your iPhone and want to downgrade , you need to put iPhone into dfu mode.
    haha I am really sorry

  9. #49
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    The key thing is point hosts file to apple server and use Exit recovery from TU to get out of loop 1015 at 4.1

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    The key thing is point hosts file to apple server and use Exit recovery from TU to get out of loop 1015 at 4.1
    I dont have that option to point hosts files to apple via TU

  11. #51
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    In adv tab by delecting :set hosts to cydia , save and close it.

    Isn't it the same as pointing hosts to apple

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    In adv tab by delecting :set hosts to cydia , save and close it.

    Isn't it the same as pointing hosts to apple

    lol i suppose :P new to tiny umb, got it working on 4.1

  13. #53
    actually its no sorted lol

    its stuck on what i think dfu mode well thats what TU log says when i plug it into the usb, I installed a restore no problem but wont come out dfu mode, I used iREB to pwn dfu it any suggestions? done the power home 10 sec thing and continued to hold with no luck

  14. #54
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    DFU mode is a black screen. Is this where you're stuck?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    DFU mode is a black screen. Is this where you're stuck?
    yeah this is ware I am at not the recovery plug into itunes screen

    I am starting to think going through loads of searching it might be the shsh? as said i had nothing on it to safe any and been downgrading ios and up and down through various tries to get an ios to work

  16. #56
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    To verify: iPhone 3GS? Restoring to iOS 4.1? Computer is a PC?
    If you answered yes to all three questions, continue ............

    Download Sn0wbreeze version 2.1, iOS 4.1 and Tiny Umbrella (TU) (links below)
    Unzip if needed.
    Open TU, Advanced tab, uncheck 'Set Hosts to Cydia on exit', exit TU.
    Connect the 3GS (if iTunes opens, leave it open. if iTunes closes, leave it closed)
    Run sn0wbreeze, select 4.1 firmware, Simple Mode .... this builds a custom firmware.
    Continue with sn0wbreeze and enter 'pwnd-DFU' mode.
    Open iTunes if necessary, shift/select custom firmware restore with iTunes.
    If iTunes Error 10xx, open TU and use 'exit recovery'.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-21 at 05:58 PM.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    davemcleod (2011-08-21), martell (2011-08-21)

  18. #57
    top man will try this out thanks very much

    Quote Originally Posted by davemcleod View Post
    top man will try this out thanks very much
    Its working! cant thank you guys enough for this many thanks !!
    Last edited by davemcleod; 2011-08-21 at 05:57 PM.

  19. #58
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    Congratulations

  20. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    To verify: iPhone 3GS? Restoring to iOS 4.1? Computer is a PC?
    If you answered yes to all three questions, continue ............

    Download Sn0wbreeze version 2.1, iOS 4.1 and Tiny Umbrella (TU) (links below)
    Unzip if needed.
    Open TU, Advanced tab, uncheck 'Set Hosts to Cydia on exit', exit TU.
    Connect the 3GS (if iTunes opens, leave it open. if iTunes closes, leave it closed)
    Run sn0wbreeze, select 4.1 firmware, Simple Mode .... this builds a custom firmware.
    Continue with sn0wbreeze and enter 'pwnd-DFU' mode.
    Open iTunes if necessary, shift/select custom firmware restore with iTunes.
    If iTunes Error 10xx, open TU and use 'exit recovery'.
    Do you think this might work for my problem ?

  21. #60
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,021
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 789 Times in 731 Posts

    If you can answer yes to the same 3 questions, Yes

    Using a custom firmware usually works when everything else fails.

    Give it a try. Nothing to loose but success

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

    martell (2011-08-21)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •