Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 (wanting to update to 4.X.X

Exclamation iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 (wanting to update to 4.X.X
    My 3gs is on 3.1.2 and I wanted to update it to 4.2.1 or anything below 4.3.5 but i need it to be unlocked for tmobile and i cant auto update with itunes since latest is 4.3.5. now I tried downloading the official 4.2.1 dfu mode shift+ restore but i got an error that required me to run tinyumbrella so i did. but its now stuck in DFU mode. I used iReb also for another error. I looked up a tut an found that i could use a official ipsw with resns0w so i could than shift restore with custom ipsw on itunes and I did and as soon as it finished the countdown saying succesful iphone will now reboot, itunes automatically says that this phone is recovery mode blah blah blah hit restore. How do I get out of this loop? I do not have SHSH blobs saved I do not mind updating to at most 4.3.3 Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!
    Please click this link and vote to support my friend! http://bit.ly/REYeH

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I don't know where to begin. I'm afraid you've really messed up your unlock.

No SHSH blobs .... means .... you can't do anything but load the latest and greatest (4.3.5)
    Did you run Tiny Umbrella to check? In Cydia, are any green numbers show at the top of the 1st page?
    (Note: 4.1 may be available from Apple .... but your unlock is still questionable)

Run Tiny Umbrella, Save SHSH. Advanted tab, check 'get from Cydia", Save SHSH
    What is displayed?
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-18 at 04:52 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

iYeow (2011-08-19)

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    I don't know where to begin. I'm afraid you've really messed up your unlock.

No SHSH blobs .... means .... you can't do anything but load the latest and greatest (4.3.5)
    Did you run Tiny Umbrella to check? In Cydia, are any green numbers show at the top of the 1st page?
    (Note: 4.1 may be available from Apple .... but your unlock is still questionable)

Run Tiny Umbrella, Save SHSH. Advanted tab, check 'get from Cydia", Save SHSH
    What is displayed?

08/17/2011 20:34:54.536 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone3GS 4.3.3 (8J2) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE. 08/17/2011 20:34:54.551 Finished saving SHSHs for [New Name's iPhone] 08/17/2011 20:34:54.586 Caching shsh files... 08/17/2011 20:34:54.600 Found [0] shsh files to cache... 08/17/2011 20:34:54.614 Cached [0] shsh files

What were you saying about 4.1?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You should look under general tab for shsh blob. You can restore to 4.1 firmware , just point to apple server by deselect : set hosts file to cydia , close it. Restore to stock 4.1 either by recovery , if not then dfu mode , error 1015 will pop up but can be kicked out.
    Once you are at 4.1 , jailBreak with lime rain

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Egypt (2011-08-18)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I was thinking about a custom 4.1 .... to leave the BB alone just in case he got lucky.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Egypt (2011-08-18)

Thanks

That is a good idea too

@Egypt , go build a custom firmware of 4.1 from snow breeze 2.1, if you need activation, use expert mode. Use redsnow b6 or b8 to only put iPhone into dfu mode or even ireb can do it too. You can either point hosts file towards apple or run tss server from TU with downloaded 4.1 blob in TU , run iTunes and shift + restore to cfw (custom firmware of 4.1) .
    Or if you think you already have a non unlock able bb, then restoring to stock fw of 4.1 is easier , you still need iPad bb to unlock which breaks your gps functions, meaning your locations services will be out by a couple of miles
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-18 at 06:12 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

Egypt (2011-08-18)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    That is a good idea too

@Egypt , go build a custom firmware of 4.1 from snow breeze 2.1, if you need activation, use expert mode. Use redsnow b6 or b8 to only put iPhone into dfu mode or even ireb can do it too. You can either point hosts file towards apple or run tss server from TU with downloaded 4.1 blob in TU , run iTunes and shift + restore to cfw (custom firmware of 4.1) .
    Or if you think you already have a non unlock able bb, then restoring to stock fw of 4.1 is easier , you still need iPad bb to unlock which breaks your gps functions, meaning your locations services will be out by a couple of miles
    I tried that first part without the blob in tu but i was running tss server. Everything worked but like i said before its stuck in DFU mode. as soon as it said phone will reboot after successful restore.....

Thanks

Ok , restore to stock 4.1 , don't use tss server, point hosts file towards apple server

okay im running tss server and i have apple server unchecked but im getting a 1015 error. i use ireb like a billion times but its not working

Thanks

Use exit recovery to kick out error 1015 or 1015 recovery fixer
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-18 at 08:04 PM.

Tried with no luck. Ended up updating to 4.3.5 thanks for the help though...

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

U din have to run TSS server.. Ah well..