Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FaceTime Fix/Confliction

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

Default FaceTime Fix/Confliction
    I recently had an issue with my FaceTime. When I would try to turn it on Settings/Phone it would go to "waiting for activation" and then turn itself off. When I would try to turn it on again after it turned itself off it would stay in the "waiting for activation" process (unless I rebooted/resprung and it would just do the same process again). I tried many fixes but nothing would work. I then called Apple (to find out that my AppleCare and the actual Serial # of my phone was linked to a totally different phone. And a Verizon phone at that, which really blows my mind that Apple didn't catch this theft because the serial number tells you it's AT&T! But whatever....) and Apple has been working on it fir 2 weeks.....whoops! I found out that if you have "MobileLog" installed on your phone (via Cydia) that it will not let you run FaceTime. I found this on a iPhone 4 Middle East Forum (although I'm in Chicago) and nowhere else so I thought I'd post it where a lot of people may go search for a solution. I uninstalled "MobileLog" and it works perfectly.

General Note: if you turn on FaceTime and turn it off and then try to turn it on again, commonly, it will remain in the "waiting for activation" process. Just respring or reboot and you'll be able to turn it on again.

P.S. I feel horrible that Apple has been trying to find a resolution for this issue as it's not like I informed them I'm Jailbroken! But shame on them for letting somebody steal/use my AppleCare and somehow link their phone to my serial number. At least I got 2 free years of AppleCare for the boner they bit.

Thanks

Thanks for posting this. Same thing happened to me but I couldn't diagnose the problem so updated to ios 5 and jailbroke tethered. That was a while ago... I would have stayed on longer if there was a fix.

My iPhone is a Part of Me PoEtikly's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad that it helped somebody. I literally spent hours and hours trying to get my FaceTime to work. I even restored/rejb/ran package backup (so it put mobile log right back on) and never thought that there could be a conflict with such an insignificant application. Literally I found the answer to my issue on a Arabic iPhone Forum that I had to use google translator to tell me what it said. I then searched for the solution with the answer as my search and the ONLY thing that popped up was my post at MMI. So great! One of my posts actually helped somebody lmao.

Thanks

Hahaa nice bro. Thank you