Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 V.4.3.3 - Black Screen

Default iPhone 4 V.4.3.3 - Black Screen
    My iPhone 4 used to be 4.1 BB 02.10.04, and I wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3 so I installed the sn0wbreeze v.2.7 and I built the custom IPSW and I restore it on iTunes with TU and iReb help and finally I got the file restored then I opened the redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15 and I picked up the offical apple custom firmware (iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore) then I choose "Install Cydia" and "Allow Boot animation" then I did the same steps but finally I picked up "Just boot tethered right now" then I opened the iTunes and I found my iPhone was restored and detected with the new 4.3.3 version as you see in the picture attached, which shows that everything looks normal but the weird thing that my screen is deadly black and I can't figure out what's the problem although everything on iTunes is normal; I can add apps, pics, sync contacts but finally the screen still black.
    to summarize, everything is normal on iTunes only but on the iPhone its completely dead giving a black screen. PLEASE HELP!!!!!ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -iphone.jpg  

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You shouldn't have run redsn0w. WIth a custom firmware the device is already jailbroken. If it did not give you Cydia, you did not create the custom firmware in the right mode (simple or expert).

You also shouldn't have run the boot tethered.

Anyhow, if you're still on 4.3.3 which it looks like you are, get iFaith and try to save your SHSHs for 4.3.3. If you already have SHSHs saved for 4.3.3 then skip that step. You can do a restore to custom 4.3.3 with TinyUmbrella (create a new cFW in expert/simple mode just to be safe to restore to) running (TSS Server). You should then be jailbroken and restored to 4.3.3. Don't run redsn0w on it to install Cydia this time.

I did all what you said, I restored custom 4.3.3 with TU and iREB, the problem is in iTunes when it's verifying the iPhone restore, my iPhone used to give a white screen then it gives apple logo and a downloading progress.
    now when i do restore and doing the same steps it's restoring but the screen is remaining black as if it's burn.
    I used the redsn0w because after restoring the iPhone was still in the recovery mode!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So you remade a new cFW?

I already made a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze v2.7 & I built a 4.3.3 firmware

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok but I asked you to make a new one. You didn't clarify if the one you used put Cydia on your springboard so I suggested you make a new one in either expert or simple mode and try again.

Okay I remade a new custom firmware 4.3.3 using sn0wbreeze v2.7 and I restored it on iTunes, what should I do next?

After restoring the iPhone now is in the recovery mode and still giving black screen even when it was restoring

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You didn't receive any errors and you made sure to put the device in pwned dfu, yes?

now I got 2 error first I got error 37, then now I'm getting error 2005

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

iPhone wiki states error 37

"recent Sn0wbreeze can cause this issue. Deselect all custom boot logos, recreate IPSW. If received on an iPhone 3GS, select "new boot-rom" and deselect all custom bootlogos, then recreate the IPSW."

And error 2005

"Problem connecting. Probably a hardware failure."

Try reconnecting your device to your computer, and follow the above statement of creating your custom firmware with Snowbreeze.

Edit: Sorry to break it to you but I haven't slept all night. It's 6AM here so I'm off to bed. Hopefully somebody else can help you while I'm gone. Be back later to check up on you.

After getting these errors, I clicked on "fix recovery" in the TU and then I opened the iREB. now it's restoring without any problem..is that also right or I did something wrong?

now it's restored successfully and got back again to the recovery mode, what shall I do now?

Just tell me what shall I do next and then go to bed
    Last edited by ra2fat; 2011-08-15 at 12:10 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Did you follow the instructions above from iPhone wiki for error 37? If you are using a cFW you shouldn't get any errors at all assuming you created a cFW without boot logos.

Using a custom fw you shouldn't need to use fix recovery, it won't work anyhow as you've noticed.

I was assuming you had your SHSHs for 4.3.3 but you never confirmed. You need to ensure the TSS server is running when you're doing the restore to 4.3.3. If you don't currently have SHSHs for it right now, save it with iFaith if possible.

Forget about the errors, I restart the PC and re-opened the TU and everything went fine. but still after restoring the iPhone still black screened and it's still in the recovery mode, what shall I do next?

Can't save the SHSH via iFaith, when it comes to the "Apple Logo" step and it works for like forever

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

During the restore process, does the screen ever change or does it just stay blank.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So in iTunes during the restore is there a progress bar up top and if so does it complete all the way?

If it does and your screen never changes and just stays blank, well frankly I'm not sure what is wrong but there's something wrong. During a restore the device will show the apple logo and a progress bar below, if you're not getting that, it might be a hardware failure or possibly something is corrupt.

yes it completes all the way.
    I will tell you what did exactly:
    first I was getting an apple logo during the process of restoring till for one time after restoring was done, I opened the redsn0w and I picked up the 4.3.3 CFW and I picked up the option "just boot tethered for now" after that I found the iPhone works fine and upgraded to 4.3.3 and I opened the apps and then I left it for mins and when I came back I found the screen black again and from that moment the screen doesn't show up again (it's always black). during restoring it's black and as you saw my screenshot before everything seemed to be working fine on iTunes but still giving black screen

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Ok try holding the home and power button for 20 seconds, release, wait about 5 seconds, then try to power on.

Let me know if the device leaves the blank screen.

Default Same Problem... HELP ME TOO
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2fat View Post
    yes it completes all the way.
    I will tell you what did exactly:
    first I was getting an apple logo during the process of restoring till for one time after restoring was done, I opened the redsn0w and I picked up the 4.3.3 CFW and I picked up the option "just boot tethered for now" after that I found the iPhone works fine and upgraded to 4.3.3 and I opened the apps and then I left it for mins and when I came back I found the screen black again and from that moment the screen doesn't show up again (it's always black). during restoring it's black and as you saw my screenshot before everything seemed to be working fine on iTunes but still giving black screen
    Exactly same has happened with my iphone too.... PLEASE help ASAP...

same here guys...stuck in DFU, but with 3gs and 4.3.3 . booting tethered with redsn0w works just fine. I think the "untethered" part is not working as the phone simply enters DFU mode whenever turned back on.

iREB has an option for "set auto boot" true - i did try that and it didn't work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast