Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod second gen...cant put it on DFU

Default iPod second gen...cant put it on DFU
    heres the issue i was trying to jailbreak an ipod 2d gen which had 3.1.3 firmware

for some reason i couldn't put it in DFU mode after 100 tries
    i shut off hold both power n home button 2gether... released power button after 10 second while holding the home button continue ..it wont just go to DFU mode if i release the home button after 15/20 sec applge logo appears ans start the ipods..it wont go to DFU.

werid..i have tried that on second iPod..same crap...what the hack am i doen? any idea?

i have put 100+ iphones in DFU n did the jailbreak with no issue but iPod is just acting up
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-08-15 at 09:39 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Use Spirit to jailbreak.

If you feel you absolutely need to get into DFU, try turning it off, hold power for 3 seconds, then hold home+power together for 15 seconds, release power and hold home for about 15 seconds.

@ i.Annie

that's what I did...it worked on iPhones but it wont work on iPod

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No, the process you listed isn't the same as what I said. That's why I suggested trying it. Sometimes persistence and perhaps some variation can yield results. The above always worked for my second gen iPT.

If it isn't working on two separate devices that you are working with, you're either doing something wrong or both devices are just being hard to deal with.

I just followed urs on 3rd device..it works I guess those first two devices had sumthn to do with either home or sleep button
    thanks again

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Odd that both aren't doing it tho. I kinda ruled out hardware button failure bc two not just one weren't working.