Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 - SHSH Blobs on Cydia

My iphone 4 was previously on 4.3.3 and jailbroken but I had to restore it today and now my iphone 4 is on 4.3.5. I've been trying to understand the downgrading process but I a just a bit confused as I've seen a few different method to downgrade.

One method I saw involved using SHSH blobs backup with Tiny Umbrella, using a program called Ireb and IPSW 4.3.3.

I've never used Tiny Umbrella so I've never backed up my SHSH blobs with that program. BUT, I have always backed them up on Cydia.

Can I use the Tiny Umbrella method if the SHSH blobs on only backup on Cydia? Or, do I need to use some other downgrade method to get back to 4.3.3.

Thanks for any advice.
    __________________________________________________ _________

Update:

O.K., I actually opened Tiny Umbrella and it was able to download my SHSH blobs from Cydia. From something else I was reading, it sounds like if I am just restoring to regular 4.3 and not a custom firmware, I don't even have to bother with the Ireb program.

So, is it as simple as just restoring to 4.3 now?
    Last edited by lawtyger; 2011-08-12 at 05:04 AM.

If TU says you have the blobs then your good to go...

Download the IPSW for whichever version you intend to install.
    Back up the iPhone in iTunes.
    Run the TU TSS server, this will automatically close iTunes if it is open( this is normal procedure)
    Put your device into DFU mode and plug it into your computer.
    iTunes will tell you that the device is in recovery. Hold shift ( or command if your on a Mac) and click restore.
    When iTunes asks for the file, use the IPSW you downloaded earlier.
    iTunes will now do it's thing, which should take about 5 minutes.
    Chances are that it won't get all the way through the process in iTunes. Probably about 3/4 the way through you will get an error code (1,2,or 1013) and iTunes will say the restore failed. Your device will look like it is about to boot but go into the screen where it suggests that you plug it into itunes.This is okay. Do not attempt to use TU to kick it out of DFU.
    Stop TSS and close iTunes completely.
    Download and install greenpois0n.
    Run GP with the device still connected to your computer. GP will run verbose script on your iPhone screen.
    This will boot your device into whatever version you restored it to.
    If the cydia loader that GP puts on your device fails to open, you can just use jailbreak me to install cydia.

And your good to go... You can use sbsettings to hide the loader app from your springboard as it will not do anything for you anyway.

Good luck!

Thanks for confirming I was on the right track and providing the additional instructions.

I've never used green poison to jailbreak (the last jailbreak was with jailbreakme). I assume green poison is just suggested if I get the errors in iTunes and don't get through the whole process. If I did, I could just use jailbreakme right?

I appreciate the guidance and will be trying the process likely Monday. Unfortunately I can't do it today or this weekend because we are leaving for a vacation where there won't any WiFi (yeah, there are still a few places like that ) .

No problem... Glad to help. And yes GP will only be nessisary if itunes cannot finish the restore... Chances are very good that it wont restore on its own and the only tool i have found that can even boot the device back up is GP.

Quote Originally Posted by dylan32406 View Post
    No problem... Glad to help. And yes GP will only be nessisary if itunes cannot finish the restore... Chances are very good that it wont restore on its own and the only tool i have found that can even boot the device back up is GP.
    once i ran green poison the scrypt comes up on screen but sticks half way and nothing happens

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

You do understand GP IS for 4.2.1
    Just follow this
    Start TSS server
    Start iTunes
    Shift restore
    Error 1013
    Run fixrecovery .
    You are done. Don't know how GP came in here..
    Last edited by xtacy; 2011-08-13 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    You do understand GP IS for 4.2.1
    Just follow this
    Start TSS server
    Start iTunes
    Shift restore
    Error 1013
    Run fixrecovery .
    You are done. Don't know how GP came in here..
    i have don all that but when i hit fix recover it kicks it out but then it goes right back in to where it shows connect to itunes. tried like 20 times but keeps going back to recover. dont know whats wrong. trying to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dylan32406 View Post
    If TU says you have the blobs then your good to go...

Download the IPSW for whichever version you intend to install.
    Back up the iPhone in iTunes.
    Run the TU TSS server, this will automatically close iTunes if it is open( this is normal procedure)
    Put your device into DFU mode and plug it into your computer.
    iTunes will tell you that the device is in recovery. Hold shift ( or command if your on a Mac) and click restore.
    When iTunes asks for the file, use the IPSW you downloaded earlier.
    iTunes will now do it's thing, which should take about 5 minutes.
    Chances are that it won't get all the way through the process in iTunes. Probably about 3/4 the way through you will get an error code (1,2,or 1013) and iTunes will say the restore failed. Your device will look like it is about to boot but go into the screen where it suggests that you plug it into itunes.This is okay. Do not attempt to use TU to kick it out of DFU.
    Stop TSS and close iTunes completely.
    Download and install greenpois0n.
    Run GP with the device still connected to your computer. GP will run verbose script on your iPhone screen.
    This will boot your device into whatever version you restored it to.
    If the cydia loader that GP puts on your device fails to open, you can just use jailbreak me to install cydia.

And your good to go... You can use sbsettings to hide the loader app from your springboard as it will not do anything for you anyway.

Good luck!
    Script ran, looked promising but..went right back to the connect to itunes screen. BUMMER I have been trying to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.2.1 NOT HAPPENING FOR me

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tbf1974 View Post
    i have don all that but when i hit fix recover it kicks it out but then it goes right back in to where it shows connect to itunes. tried like 20 times but keeps going back to recover. dont know whats wrong. trying to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
    hmmm does tu show any blobs?
    if u have blobs for 4.2.1 try downgrading to that..or you can try custom firmware... make sure ur firewall is off and use fixrecovery from tinyumbrella site (independent package)
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Custom firmware to 4.3.3 should not give you errors. It's easier that way. It wouldn't be awful to go to 4.2.1 if SHSHs are available for that, as the previous poster mentions. Then GP would work fine after. Fix recovery never worked for me so ... I just never bothered with it.

Create a custom 4.3.3, open TU and run the TSS server, set device into pwned dfu mode (sn0wbreeze, iReb, or redsn0w will all do it, take your pick), shift+restore in iTunes, if all done in this order you won't run into any errors and you'll have a jailbroken 4.3.3 iPhone.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

lawtyger (2011-08-18)

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    Custom firmware to 4.3.3 should not give you errors. It's easier that way. It wouldn't be awful to go to 4.2.1 if SHSHs are available for that, as the previous poster mentions. Then GP would work fine after. Fix recovery never worked for me so ... I just never bothered with it.

I guess where I am confused is where these instructions start based on what the initial poster said.

Create a custom 4.3.3, open TU and run the TSS server, set device into pwned dfu mode (sn0wbreeze, iReb, or redsn0w will all do it, take your pick), shift+restore in iTunes, if all done in this order you won't run into any errors and you'll have a jailbroken 4.3.3 iPhone.
    i.Anne, I'm not sure if you are still around. I initially made this post and just got back home from a trip and was going to try what the initial poster said but then saw there were follow-up comments that questioned that method. I'm sure what you are saying makes sense but I wanted to break it down step by step to see if you think this would work.

(1) Create a custom 4.3.3 (wasn't exactly sure how to do this but in trying to figure it out found this link of custom 4.3.3 ipsw firmwares here - *cFW link removed* - didn't know if it matter which one I chose).

(2) Open TU and run TSS server

(3) Set device into pwned dfu mode (I guess it doesn't matter which I use - any particular version of snowbreeze?)
    Last edited by lawtyger; 2011-08-18 at 01:54 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Removed link to custom firmwares. We cannot link to those.

I advise to create your own cFW. It keeps you from downloading a corrupt fw file. Using sn0wbreeze (latest one from ih8sn0w.com) should be fine.

You'll then set into pwned DFU mode after creating the cFW.

Then follow the rest of the above outlined steps and it should be fine.

sorry about the link, I didn't know.

So I don't follow any of the steps that dylan32406 mentioned in the second post of this thread?

I apologize, but would you be able to list the steps 1 by 1 from the start? If not, I understand. I'm just a bit confused as to which steps to follow and which steps to avoid based on the various post that give different information.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If you follow my steps it will be fine. If you need something to be more detailed, a sn0wbreeze guide can help you visualize. But what I have outlined is the basis of what you need to do.

O.K. i.Annie, then I will do the following:

(1) Create a custom 4.3.3 (using sn0wbreeze 2.7 from the link you provided).

(2) Open TU and run TSS server

(3) Set device into pwned dfu mode (using sn0wbreeze 2.7)

(4) Shift+restore in iTunes (and I assume select the custom firmware I created)

And that's it?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You must have your 4.3.3 shsh blob already downloaded onto TU, highlight device on the left pane and then start tss server

19. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

lawtyger (2011-08-18)

Ok, I saw they were there the other day. Can't try to downgrade tonight just in case something goes wrong. But, I anticipate trying tomorrow if I can get up the guts.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Good idea, there is always something go wrong when dealing with downgrading

Hopefully you guys will be around if things go wrong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast