Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone/iPad STUCK on DFU after restore/update...Plz help

Default iPhone/iPad STUCK on DFU after restore/update...Plz help
    Hi every 1 !

Recently I am facing this issue a lot, First I tried to upgrading a iPhone 3GS with 4.3.3 Firmware from 4.2.1...with NO ipad baseband install on it ..here's what I did >>

I was getting Error - 3194..so I used iReb enterd in pwnd mode> Run TinyUmbrella Run TSS Server...

ok Now iTunes did the install...it went up to the finishing>> iPhone was rebooting while I iTunes was showing that iPhones has restored and will reboot in 10>9>8...1 sec..

But iPhone did reboot but stuck in DFU mode..n iTune was showing that This iphone needs to be restore....

Tried several times but same result
    Used fix recovery 43 n all that ...no result

OK NOW

same things happnd to my iPad-1st Gen-WiFi...for sum reason I was trying to upgrade it to 4.3.5 from 4.3.3 without holding shift button...and also without running TU or puttin into pwnd mode...but did put it into DFU mode first n then on iTunes just pressed update button...ok fine iTunes did the update w/o any error..went up to 100%...ipad started reboot while iTune was showing the same msg that it has been successfully restored and will reboot 9 -8 - 7...1 but guess what...same crap....stuck in DFU mode.
    tried more than 10 x but no result.

if any one out there know how to solve this issue plz help...share plz

Thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

1) you need shsh blobs to upgrade/downgrade to a non current firmware .4.3.3 in your case. After starting TU click save shsh.
    If u have 4.3.3 hashes u can go to that firmware. You are stuck coz of absence of shsh blobs

2)You are trying to update to a current firmware hence it's just simple restore . You don need any thing else
    Trying downloading a Ipsw and use shift restore method

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    1) you need shsh blobs to upgrade/downgrade to a non current firmware .4.3.3 in your case. After starting TU click save shsh.
    If u have 4.3.3 hashes u can go to that firmware. You are stuck coz of absence of shsh blobs

2)You are trying to update to a current firmware hence it's just simple restore . You don need any thing else
    Trying downloading a Ipsw and use shift restore method
    First of all thanks for your prompt response..
    now if i already have a device that my friend bought which is also stuck in dfu ..will TU save SHSH blobs when i connect it to it??

second..Yes I dint start any other program or anything when i tried to upgrade my iPad thru iTunes just simply press UPDATE...still it gets stuck in DFU...

suxx

here's the interesting things...i went up to this local phone store they just connect it to thier computer n got it back in normal within 30 mins,, who knows what they used..i was really surprised so i asked what did he used...he wont tell me...duhhhh....i guess u guys out there kno the secret...plzzzzz im hoping n keeping my finger cross that sum one out there solved this issue.........plz plz plzzzzz share

Quote Originally Posted by livin2die View Post
    OS 4.3 has bricked my iPhone

n the current situation your iphone is stuck in recovery mode(itunes symbol) and cannot get oout if there.Follow these steps and you will restore your iphone.

iphonesolutionsblog.blogspot .com/2011/08/ios-43-has-bricked-my-iphone.html

Error-1015 Fixer will fix DFU loops?