Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: latest iFaith 1.3 fixes dfu looping issues with downgrading.

Default latest iFaith 1.3 fixes dfu looping issues with downgrading.
    iH8sn0w.com

http://pastie.org/2346028 release notes.

sorry if double posted... ih8snow did a upgrade to his ifaith and it fixes the dfu looping issues his previous versions had when downgrading back to anything below 4.3.3 or below.

nor did i hit any of the 1013 or 1600 or w/e errors either...

if you saved blobs on tiny umbrella it can even use those blobs now to make a signed ipsw and the program just makes everything easy for everyone since all the instructions are on screen.

but here's a quick cliffnotes off the top of my head...

1. launch ifaith 1.3
    2. build signed ipsw w/ blobs from ifaith servers or from tiny umbrella saved blobs
    3. now click build ipsw,, if you were the ones getting the dfu loop when restoring, click no when it asks for standard signing.
    4. point it to the firmware you wanna downgrade to. or have it download for you. then it should create the "signed" ipsw for itunes to restore.
    5. now follow on screen instructions on how to put the phone in pwned dfu mode, u can close ifaith after this.
    6. download tiny umbrella(not sure if this was necessary but i did it anyways). launch TU and start TSS server.
    7. load itunes, itunes should say iphone/ipod is in restore mode... shift + click restore and point it to the newly made signed ipsw
    8. then the phone should restore back to whatever blob firmware it was saved. stop TSS server and close TU.
    9. visit jailbreakme.com on safari to jailbreak.
    Last edited by louietsang; 2011-08-10 at 03:00 AM.

Can i just downgrade from 4.2.9 to 4.2.8 on my Verizon iPhone 4 using only iFaith v1.3 and iTunes?
    iPhone 4 Verizon

Untethered jailbroken w/ Sn0wbreeze

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterion View Post
    Can i just downgrade from 4.2.9 to 4.2.8 on my Verizon iPhone 4 using only iFaith v1.3 and iTunes?
    not sure w/ cdma phones, but if you got you blobs saved u can try... i only did this using ip4 gsm 4.3.5 down to 4.3.3
    just wanted to get the news out that his latest update fixes the dfu loop issue that everyone was getting when after the restore.

This is good news. I do have my 4.2.8 shsh blobs saved.
    Last edited by Mysterion; 2011-08-10 at 03:34 AM.

hmmm, when I run ifaith on a dfulooping 3gs, ifaith 1.3 starts, initializes, runs but when it goes to dump the first shsh, the phone says that it is "unable to find byte sequence"

Does anybody know what that means?
    Thanks.

also, when using the shsh from ifaith, there is no need for tu's tss service. The restore goes properly.
    Last edited by Jedeoki; 2011-08-10 at 05:09 AM.

honestly i wouldnt know... just tweet w/ @ih8sn0w he actually replies back quite often w/ your issue, maybe he can help... i just wanted to bring it up the fact the latest update ran w/o an issue with me while all previous versions were sending me in the loop.

@louietsang, sounds good but so far it seems that you're the only one that has been successful.

I'm hoping to hear more success stories getting out of the dfu loop, I really don't want to brick another phone with 4.3.3 only to be forced to update 4.3.5 to get out of the loop and lose untethered jailbreak. I wouldn't recommend it unless the issues have been truly fixed, ih8sn0w already apologized about the previously versions of iFaith not saving the SHSH blobs properly or creating signed IPSW files.
    Last edited by deviant12no; 2011-08-11 at 10:32 PM.

like i stated above... i was successful in downgrading from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 with 1.3, no pwned dfu loop, no 1016/1500 w/e errors at all. and yes his previous versions always gave the loop but the 1.3 is def working... at least for me...

I was gonna use the previous version but now I wont since v1.3 seems to be working great.

Default Can't build Signed IPSW w.Blobs >> USING iFaith V1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by louietsang View Post
    iH8sn0w.com

#2346028 - Pastie release notes.

sorry if double posted... ih8snow did a upgrade to his ifaith and it fixes the dfu looping issues his previous versions had when downgrading back to anything below 4.3.3 or below.

nor did i hit any of the 1013 or 1600 or w/e errors either...

if you saved blobs on tiny umbrella it can even use those blobs now to make a signed ipsw and the program just makes everything easy for everyone since all the instructions are on screen.

but here's a quick cliffnotes off the top of my head...

1. launch ifaith 1.3
    2. build signed ipsw w/ blobs from ifaith servers or from tiny umbrella saved blobs
    3. now click build ipsw,, if you were the ones getting the dfu loop when restoring, click no when it asks for standard signing.
    4. point it to the firmware you wanna downgrade to. or have it download for you. then it should create the "signed" ipsw for itunes to restore.
    5. now follow on screen instructions on how to put the phone in pwned dfu mode, u can close ifaith after this.
    6. download tiny umbrella(not sure if this was necessary but i did it anyways). launch TU and start TSS server.
    7. load itunes, itunes should say iphone/ipod is in restore mode... shift + click restore and point it to the newly made signed ipsw
    8. then the phone should restore back to whatever blob firmware it was saved. stop TSS server and close TU.
    9. visit jailbreakme.com on safari to jailbreak.
    ..Just wont work....see the screenshot below...

NO one got any clue..wow..surpriseddddddddd

unfortunately not for that kinda error... tweet ih8sn0w the picture maybe he'll have an idea...

i wish but i dont have a twitter account

I have a Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.10... Whenever I try to dump my SHSH, my phone will NOT go into DFU mode. I've tried multiple times and I know I'm not doing it incorrectly, as I've put it into DFU mode before. Does iFaith not work with cdma phones? I've tweeted ih8sn0w and I'm waiting for a reply, but can anyone verify this for me before I keep trying this all night? lol thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsystarchild View Post
    I have a Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.10... Whenever I try to dump my SHSH, my phone will NOT go into DFU mode. I've tried multiple times and I know I'm not doing it incorrectly, as I've put it into DFU mode before. Does iFaith not work with cdma phones? I've tweeted ih8sn0w and I'm waiting for a reply, but can anyone verify this for me before I keep trying this all night? lol thank you!!

i alsmost have the same issue with my iPad....when i try to dump shsh it works fine but wen it goes to 3rd step which is from the left side " Apple Logo" its freeze....iPad turns into Recovery n stays there...nothing hapn...waited 15 mins or more no chnage...repeated 4/5 times same c#aP

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gypsystarchild View Post
    I have a Verizon iPhone 4 running 4.2.10... ...
    iFaith v1.3 - Release Notes
    -------------------------------
    For iOS 3.1.x/3.2.x/4.0.x/4.1/4.2.1/4.2.6/4.2.7/4.2.8/4.3/4.3.1/4.3.2/4.3.3

4.2.10 is not supported. Use Tiny Umbrella to save current SHSH blobs.