Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Down grade firmware issue

Default Down grade firmware issue
    Help? My daughter is driving me crazy. She has an iPhone 4 that was jailbroken. She had issues and restored it and now its on 4.3.5. She wants to down grade firmware to jailbreak again but has no idea what firmware she was jailbroken on. The phone was bought new sometime in April/May time frame so I am thinking it had 4.2 most likely. She claims she saved the SHSH. Is there a way to see what version SHSH blobs Cydia has? She has tried to down grade with 4.2, 4.3 and 4.1 and keeps getting errors about device not eligible. The host file appears to have the correct IP. So bottom line -

1. How can she see what is store on Cydia if she is no longer JB?
    2. What is the correct line to add to host?
    3. Do you need TSS server running via Tiny Umbrella while you do this or is the host edit enough?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Download tiny umbrella, plug iPhone in and click save shsh . You can see it under general what shsh you have

You don't have to manually edit hosts file, you can do all this by changing options in TU to alter the hosts file.

Yes, you should start tss server to do the restore with your downloaded blob .
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-06 at 07:47 PM.

It looks like she has 4.3.3 saved. So we fire up TSS Server in Tiny Umbrella, DFU mode the phone, and do an iTunes restore selecting 4.3.3 ipsw but it gives a 1013 error and puts in recovery mode. I read that it could be normal so we use Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of recovery but it just keeps looping into recovery. So we try to fix recovery in DFU mode and the screen goes black, shows a couple lines of code and sits there and does nothing. Thoughts?

Thanks

Restore again and choose iPhone 4 bb update in adv tab and do it again.

From Tiny umbrella

You can restore from either dfu or recovery mode.

Updating the iPhone 4 Base Band won't screw up anything? That makes me kind of nervous...

Thanks

It is just updating to the same baseband 04.10.xx which you already have or you can use fix recovery after a dfu mode.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

NOYB111 (2011-08-09)

Finally got a chance to try it. Worked perfectly, thanks!

Thanks

You are weilcome