Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is Jail-breaking for me? . . . honestly?

So is the only disadvantage of a tethered jailbreak the fact that you need your computer to reboot it? because if thats the case my iphone never gets turned off.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pretty sure yes. Can't think of any other disadvantage ....

then im not really bothered if its tethered, as long as its just as safe and easy to use. i charge my phone every night or 2. so it never even gets turned off.

but as soon as an untethered is released i would want to change to that.

Quote Originally Posted by dobbo049 View Post
    then im not really bothered if its tethered, as long as its just as safe and easy to use. i charge my phone every night or 2. so it never even gets turned off.

but as soon as an untethered is released i would want to change to that.
    Ok let me summarise just to clarify, let me know if I'm wrong.

So it is not currently physically possible to jailbreak 4.3.5 unteatheted without my own SHSH blob? No matter what I do it physically can't yet be done?

Thanks

Ok let me summarise just to clarify, let me know if I'm wrong.

So it is not currently physically possible to jailbreak 4.3.5 unteatheted without my own SHSH blob? No matter what I do it physically can't yet be done?

Thanks
    the shsh blob is so you can downgrade. you need the blob to downgrade (apples signature) since you do not have one for 4.3.3 you are stuck on 4.3.5. so no matter what you do at this point, it will be a tethered jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

.... So it is not currently physically possible to jailbreak 4.3.5 unteatheted without my own SHSH blob?...
    No SHSH blobs are required for 4.3.5? Why? It's current .. Apple is approving it.

.... So it is not currently physically possible to jailbreak 4.3.5 unteatheted without my own SHSH blob?...
    No tools or utilities exist to jailbreak 4.3.5 untethered.

Untethered jailbreak tools/utilities are currently available for 4.3.3 and below.

Ok thanks, that's annoying, I updated right before I decided wanted to jailbreak :/ should hav done my research.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12