Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs jailbreak update/restore

Default iphone 3gs jailbreak update/restore
    Hi,
    I have iphone 3gs jailbroken on 4.1. I jailbroke it months ago and it was working perfectly untill this week. Now, when i recieve tex message, there will be no allert sound (other sounds work fine). Also it crashes alot. And when i run out of battery and i plug it in charger and then later try to turn it on it just stays at apple logo for a while and then it freeze with this circle thing in the middle. Then i have to turn it off with sleep/wake and home button. i Normally have to do it 3 or 4 times so it turns on.
    I guess i have to restore it. But there's a problem. I'm not jailbreaking expert, when i got my phone it was on 3.2.3 and my aunt allready jailbroke it, then later i updated it with itunes to 4.1 and jailbroke it with limera1n.
    But now i can only update it to 4.3.5 with itunes and there is no untethered jailbreak for it. Normally i would just try to to something and then restore it if i failed but now im worried that: 1. i wouldn't be able to jailbreak my iphone untethered and 2. (please don't be rude because of this) i don't want to lose my angry birds game progress because i have 3 stars on all levels.

I was searching trough internet alot and now im only more confused. Can someone PLEEASE tell me exacly what i need to do. I dont really care if i stay on 4.1 or if i upgrade it to higher version, i just want it jailbroken and with my game progress.

Sorry for bad english we don't speak english here where i live. If you didn't understand something, just ask
    Last edited by TechDoll; 2011-08-05 at 09:42 PM. Reason: title spelling

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Run cydia.
    Tell us if there are numbers in green

OR
    just shift restore to stock 4.1 from iTunes
    To keep your game progress backup ur phone before restoring. After restore you can restore your backup

If you have SHSH blobs (and I believe CrApple is still signing 4.1 for some reason) you should be fine. If you don't, 4.3.5 is the only way to go.
    Like he said above me, open Cydia and if there are numbers in green at the very top of the home page, please list them all.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You can also use Tiny Umbrella to get and store SHSH blobs on your computer from both Apple & Cydia. Links in my signature below.

Note: we can't tell you exactly what to do without knowing what SHSH blobs are available.

if i open cydia it says: SHSH: iOS 4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5

the thing is, i never used tiny umbrella to save my shsh bloobs...but i guess i can do it now?
    so if i use tiny umbrella, save shsh bloobs for 4.1 (or 4.3.3?-i never had my phone running 4.3.3), then shift restore it to 4.1 and then jailbreak it again, will i loose my apps and stuff from cydia? if i do a backup now, i will be able to get all my scores and everything back? (sorry fur dumb questions, before all that happened i tought i realy know alot and i understand everything but i guess i don't :P)

thanks for all replys

oh and just another question: my sister just bought new ipod touch 4 so she have iOS 4.3.5 running...we don't want to jailbreak it tethered...is there any way to downgrade it? and no, she doesn't have shsh bloobs saved because ipod in new :/ i think she will have to wait, but i ask in case someone knows if there's a way

thank you guys again

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TechDoll View Post
    if i open cydia it says: SHSH: iOS 4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5

the thing is, i never used tiny umbrella to save my shsh bloobs...but i guess i can do it now? ...
    Yes you can. It should return the same SHSH blobs (4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5) and you can restore any of these

Quote Originally Posted by TechDoll View Post
    ... my sister just bought new ipod touch 4 so she have iOS 4.3.5 running......
    Same answer as my original. Run Tiny Umbrella and check. Likely it will only find 4.3.5, but it's not 100% sure until it's checked