Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Run redsn0w over greenpois0n

Default Run redsn0w over greenpois0n
    I am currently jailbroken untethered using redsn0w on my iPod touch 2g on 4.2.1. But when I run animate for animated boot logos it is really laggy. Can this be fixed by running greenpois0n and then redsn0w over it after restoring since the animated logos is meant for a greenpois0n jailbreak? (i want to run Redsn0w over it as well because i heard it is faster at booting and more stable. Is this true?)

And if i jailbreak using both which would be better to do first or which one should i use by itself if thats the better solution. Lastly, if i run one over the other wont i hav two cydias which would mess up my ipod or do u just delete the loader app or uncheck install cydia when/after jailbreaking?
    Last edited by PWNguinman; 2011-08-05 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can run GP over redsnow once but don't run redsnow again over GP, you will mess up your Itouch 3G.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm not sure doing that will help though. It isn't surprising to me to hear slow/laggy performance of any sort on an older device such as the iPT 2G. If it is on iOS 4 which with animated boot logos it would be, then the fw is the cause of slowdown. But I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try...I'm 50/50 about it doing anything to speed the animation up.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

I don't Itouch 2g can get animate boot logos , if you want boot logos, run redsnow and choose install boot logos and choose your png image (no bigger than 100kb, must have at least some whites) should allow you to do it.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-08-06 at 07:17 AM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It can be 2G, I had one it goes up to 4.2.1.