Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - 4.3.2 SSH Ramdisk - How to restore firmware manually?

Default iPhone 4 - 4.3.2 SSH Ramdisk - How to restore firmware manually?
    * If anyone wants, i can post the files (dmg.ssh and n90ap. etc) needed to SSH into a corrupt iPhone 4 on 4.3.2 - please ask *

Purpose of this thread: (What files are needed on the system partition to make my untethered iPhone 4.3.2 to boot again as normal)

Right now, my iPhone 4 is in a boot loop state, where the OS has been corrupted whilst using iPhoneExplorer. The program prompted a .net framework error and closed straight away whilst in the middle of a session. Causing the phone to disconnect and not boot.

Used msftguy's guide to SSH into my iPhone and finally got it working now that I'm back in England.

I opened up the mnt1 partition aka the system partition, various files and folders were missing such as ('library' folder and whats inside it),
    and another folder called 'damaged files' which held 'powerdown or sleep(?)' and 'wifi' plists, was there, im assuming this folders self explanatory (would someone shed some light on it?)

I've copied over the 'Library' folder from a 4.3.2 ipsw onto my System partition, but it hasn't fixed the issue of the iPhone boot loop error.

What vital files are written in the system partition when iTunes updates a firmware?

or basically:

How would i manually restore a firmware file onto my corrupt iPhone?

Do you have an update on this? I have the same thing you do, Iphone 4, on 4.3.2, and are trying to get to the data. So, msftguy's fix worked on your Iphone 4 on 4.3.2?

Please post the files?