Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: can i jump from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1?

Default can i jump from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1?
    can i jump from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1? i want to upgrade my iphone 3G firwmware 5.12.01.

If you're on a 3G, it should automagically work fine if you just hit the update button in iTunes as that was the last update for the 3G.

Quote Originally Posted by bordabol View Post
    can i jump from 3.1.3 to 4.2.1? i want to upgrade my iphone 3G firwmware 5.12.01.
    im guessing you want to save ur iPhone baseband in that case DO NOT JUST UPDATE THE iPHONE! u will have to install iPAD baseband if u want too unlock after u update !

So what u NEED to do is go get sn0wbreeze (turn off activation in sn0wbreeze if u have the original sim card to activate the iPhone u have) for iPhone 3G 4.2.1 and make a custom ipsw of 4.2.1 then u will need to install that custom ipsw u must download iREB4 also so u can put ur iPhone into a DFU mode to where itunes can install the custom ipsw

after that boot up and go to cydia install ultrasn0w and u should be unlocked on ur old baseband

Quote Originally Posted by Daman09 View Post
    If you're on a 3G, it should automagically work fine if you just hit the update button in iTunes as that was the last update for the 3G.
    u do not just update the iPhone if u want to save the baseband !!

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really recommend updating .4.2.1 runs **** on 3g

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bordabol View Post
    Any 4.x or higher iOS on any iDevice ''requires'' SHSH blobs. First thing, run Tiny Umbrella, connect your 3G, select save all SHSH. Do this with Advanced tab 'set to Cydia' checked and unchecked.

If you have 4.2.1 SHSH blobs it can be restored/updated to 4.2.1.

However, I agree 3.1.3 is the best iOS on 2G/3G iPhone and of course, 3.1.3 doesn't need SHSH blobs