Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: newb needs help

hey guys ive been looking all over but cant come up with much, i have an i phone 4 4.2.1 with beaseband 3.10.01 i want to do an untethered jailbreak and unlock but dont know where or what to use, all the ones i have found say i cant do it with my bb. any help is greatly appreciated, i am on my way out of my carriers range so i need to be able to change it and love the thought of all the jailbroken fun i could have!

sorry if this is in the wrong thread
    Last edited by jawsfx4; 2011-08-02 at 11:29 PM.

you can jailbreak it with greenpois0n from greenpois0n.com, but as far as unlocking you cant do a software unlock youll need to get a gevey sim for it.

k thanks buddy, what are some of the apps you would recommend after jailbreaking? and will i be able to unlock in the future?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

No telling if there will be a software unlock in the future but things dont look good for one.

As for apps: sbsettings, barrel to name a couple good ones.

thanks man, i just picked up winterboard its pretty cool, what are some cool one for text tones? i heard that the gevey sim was a real big risk as far as getting caught and being banned from your provider.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Never heard of anyone getting banned from their provider for using a gevey.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

A dumb friend of mine called and asked vodafone ppl here they said don care lol.. So use it