Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 does not sync to iTunes

Default iPhone 4 does not sync to iTunes
    Hello,

I'm hoping somebody here can help me out.

About a month back, iTunes stopped recognizing my phone. It shows up in Windows as a portable device and charges, but not in iTunes. I thought, ok, no big deal, I had what I needed. Eventually it got aggravating as I get more music and I tried fixing it

I've spent a few hours a day for about 2 weeks now doing research and trying different methods. I've followed every troubleshooting guide on the Apple website, which included restarting all the Apple processes (mobile device, ipod service, etc.) reinstalled drivers reinstalled itunes done pretty much everything short of reinstalling windows - no luck.

Now, I thought the problem was iPhone-specific and I tried deleting various things in Cydia I thought interfered with the syncing. (on a side note, I haven't been able to SSH into my phone either). Then I think I deleted something important because my phone got stuck in a reboot loop. I panicked, took it to my friend's computer and was forced to restore and upgrade to 4.3.5 (latest) because other firmware ISPW's did not work. So naturally I've lost everything in photos and contacts and the phone still does not sync

I don't know what else to try; I've searched these and countless other forums for help, nothing seems to work. I'm using Windows 7, iTunes 10.4 and iPhone 4.3.5. Any advice or direction to look in would be sincerely appreciated and is my lost data done for good? I do recall the phone being backed up every time I synced, can that be of any use?

Cheers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

After your restore in your friend's computer, setup your iphone as a backup restore on your backup computer. You can still retrieve back your stuffs from last synced.

Eventhough it is not advisable as your backup might have problems.