Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP - I'm STUCK

Default HELP - I'm STUCK
    I have a iphone 4, was on 4.3.3, and wanted to downgrade to 4.2.1, while preserving BB of 01.59.00. so i did the snowbreeze 2.2.1 and saved the IPSW file.

I have been trying to get in DFU recovery, but when I thought it was there, i went to itunes, hit shift-restore, and picked the 4.2.1 IPSW, but it was unsuccessful in restoring.
    now i went to TU, hit TSS server, and nothing is happening.
    then i hit "fix recovery" , and now mutlitple lines starting with greenpoison are scrolling on my phone.
    on my phone is plug + itunes, and slide for emergency.
    what do i do.

Every time I try to go into DFU recovery and shift+restore in itunes, it goes throught the whole process then says restore was unsuccessful

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Upon Restoring to SB 2.2.1 your iphone is already jailbroken, you don't need GP

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmarkoff View Post
    I have a iphone 4, was on 4.3.3, and wanted to downgrade to 4.2.1, while preserving BB of 01.59.00. so i did the snowbreeze 2.2.1 and saved the IPSW file.

I have been trying to get in DFU recovery, but when I thought it was there, i went to itunes, hit shift-restore, and picked the 4.2.1 IPSW, but it was unsuccessful in restoring.
    now i went to TU, hit TSS server, and nothing is happening.
    then i hit "fix recovery" , and now mutlitple lines starting with greenpoison are scrolling on my phone.
    on my phone is plug + itunes, and slide for emergency.
    what do i do.

Every time I try to go into DFU recovery and shift+restore in itunes, it goes throught the whole process then says restore was unsuccessful
    1) ensure you have 4.2.1 SHSHs saved otherwise you cannot downgrade
    2) you should be running the TSS server *before* doing the restore to custom fw
    3) You are on the emergency call screen, if you do not have an official SIM card to activate with, you should create a new custom firmware that is already activated so you won't get that screen. You probably created a cfw that is not activated. when creating the custom fw, in expert mode under General you need to checkmark the box for "activate"

to I.Annie, thank you for your reply.
    1. I used SB to create custom firmware, and followed everything you said, including checking the 'activate' button, even though I do have an AT&T SIM card.
    2. so far I have tried this whole process from 2 different computers, and it will not restore. even after re-creating the custom IPSW each time.
    3. I AM DESPARATE, AND NEED MY PHONE

also, can you explain exactly, step by step what I'm supposed to be doing in TU / TSS?

process for snowbreeze: i found the IPSW on iclarified, and used that to create the custom IPSW. if this was not the best way, please advise a better way. BTW, according to TU and my Cydia I did have previously saved SHSH's.
    Last edited by bmarkoff; 2011-08-01 at 05:32 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

If you have the SIM why didn't you just put it in and activate your phone in iTunes when you were on the emergency call screen? There is absolutely no need for an activated firmware if that is the case.

If it is an iPhone 4, it should preserve the baseband without a custom firmware even when using a stock firmware, so if a custom firmware isn't working for you, perhaps you'd like to try a stock fw. Instead, open TinyUmbrella, run the TSS server, then open iTunes, then shift+restore to stock 4.2.1. When the restore finishes, you'll probably hit error 1015 or 1013, just run Greenpois0n when that happens. When using greenpois0n, it'll ask you to put it into dfu mode, do so with the on-screen timer but do not release the home button (the last step) until all the codes have finished up. Meaning don't release the home button until you get to see the apple/gp logo.

Then you can open iTunes and activate your phone with the AT&T SIM when GP finishes up and you get to the emergency call screen.

thanks for the quick reply. I am now more confused. I want a JB iphone and able to unlock. I thought I must make a custom firmware? besides, I am confused about the greenp0ison thing at TU/TSS. can you point me to where there are VERY detailed step by step instructions of what to do.
    BTW, I was on 4.3.3 BB-01.59.00 and was constantly having problems with no service and home button not working, so this is why I wanted to go to 4.2.1

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Like I said, exclusive to the iPhone 4, TinyUmbrella's TSS server will preserve the baseband even when restoring to stock firmware. On any other device like 3GS/3G, it won't work but on iPhone 4 it does. So your baseband, as long as the TSS server is running, will not move from 1.59.00.

You can either Google for a guide, or you can click the link in my signature for Jailbreak Guide/Tutorial as I have written step-by-step guides. However, what I have given you above is short and simple and that's what it is. It isn't hard, just take it one step at a time and it should be fine

Here, I"ll quickly write these steps up for you.

1) Open TinyUmbrella
    2) Click Save SHSHs
    3) Start TSS Server
    4) Open iTunes
    5) Hold shift, click restore
    6) Select stock 4.2.1 (not custom)
    7) Get error 1015 or 1013
    8) Open Greenpois0n
    9) Do the steps to get into DFU, never release the home button
    10) Hold home button until codes finish scrolling and you see the apple/gp logo
    11) With the AT&T SIM in phone, open iTunes and activate
    12) Then you can access the springboard, open the Loader app to install Cydia
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-08-01 at 07:48 PM.

right now my phone is off. at what step, 1-12 do i connect phone, and how do i turn it on.

also, what version of TU should I use

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You wouldn't turn your phone off and your phone should be connected to the computer through the entire thing

Of course you'd use the latest version of TU

10. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

bmarkoff (2011-08-01)

OK, so I finally followed all your instructions, and was able to restore, and now apparently I have a greepois0n JB.
    thanks for all your help

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Glad it worked out for you