Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: trying to jailbreak iphone 3gs

Default trying to jailbreak iphone 3gs
    So jailbreakme.com is back but my iphone 3GS is in 4.2.1 firmware. ive tried to upgrade to 4.3.3 but it wont let me. i even downloaded older version of itunes. all i get is an error

can anyone help me??

Thanks

What error are you getting? I have 3GS on 4.2.1 jb with greenpoison rc 6.1. Works great. You really should download iFaith and grab shsh blobs and build signed ipsw of 4.2.1 first before u do anything else. 4.2.1 was best FW for 3GS IMO. You really shouldn't update if u can help it. I'm wondering what error u r getting and if ur phone is actually in a usable state, and if u rely on unlock...

Oh wait! I see u mention jailbreak me.com....that's only for 4.3.3 I think. Use gp 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    What error are you getting? I have 3GS on 4.2.1 jb with greenpoison rc 6.1. Works great. You really should download iFaith and grab shsh blobs and build signed ipsw of 4.2.1 first before u do anything else. 4.2.1 was best FW for 3GS IMO. You really shouldn't update if u can help it. I'm wondering what error u r getting and if ur phone is actually in a usable state, and if u rely on unlock...

Oh wait! I see u mention jailbreak me.com....that's only for 4.3.3 I think. Use gp 6.1.
    i was getting error 3194. so i should download greenpoison rc 6.1?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Plug the device up to Tiny Umbrella and click save shsh and see what it comes up with. If you are on 4.2.1 and were jailbroken before which it seems you have been, then Cydia probably has been saving your shsh blobs. You'll need these if you plan to go to 4.3.3 fw.