Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help my iPhone thinks its memory has 0 bytes remaining!

Default Help my iPhone thinks its memory has 0 bytes remaining!
    Please help me... I have an iPhone 4 that is jailbroken, and a couple of weeks ago, the hard drive was getting full, so I started deleting some pictures to free up some space. Shortly thereafter the phone started thinking that it was completely full with "other space" being used up for any amount that is not being filled with apps, pictures, or music. I read on another forum that it could be caused by a "rock" app that is downloaded from Cydia, but I don't have that app and have never had it on my phone. I tried to do a complete restore though iTunes, but it gives me an error message there as well. Anybody have any idea of what I need to do? Thanks in advance!

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

What error

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

"Other" usually pertains to Cydia/jailbreak taking up the space. It doesn't always have to be Rock. Might need a restore and rejailbreak unfortunately. I haven't really seen any real "solutions" per se about this issue rather than just restoring the device to a clean state.

Thanks

Wow.. I wouldn't have done a restore straight off.. You should have synced everything with iTunes and copied pics and vids to pc somewhere first, then remove all apps, unsync music and movies and everything else. Basically an empty phone with default apps on it. Then hard reset phone and connect back to iTunes. Check the Other item at that point to see whAts there. If it's back to normal, then go ahead and add things back one at a time. if other is still quite large, then do restore.. Doing a restore will lose your jailbreAk and possibly make u updAte to undesired FW...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Your opinion doesn't have to match mine

A clean restore 100% will fix the issue. I've seen lots and lots of individuals with this problem and trust me, most try a couple things and they don't work. Not saying what you're saying wouldn't work, just saying it likely won't.

Of course it's a given you back things up and do a restore. Doing a restore doesn't always mean you upgrade.

You have SHSHs, youre set to restore to whatever fw you have SHSHs for. If no SHSHs then no restore so then by all means try other methods to clear the space. But why bother if a restore is possible? Not only does it fix the problem it clears up the phone for nice clean performance that should be expected in an iPhone 4

Edit: not to mention the "other" is likely from Cydia so clearing the phone of apps probably won't help

Okay, it still won't let me restore the iPhone. It says, "The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (3194)." Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks again for the [email protected]

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

3194 is lack of SHSHs or you're not using any available SHSHs properly.

You need to see if you have SHSHs or use TinyUmbrella to utilize them if you know you have them.

Okay, how do I deal with this? My phone has a black screen, and when I hook it up to iTunes there is a message that says, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

What do I do?

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    3194 is lack of SHSHs or you're not using any available SHSHs properly.

You need to see if you have SHSHs or use TinyUmbrella to utilize them if you know you have them.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Download tinyumbrella for your pc and see what shsh you have stored for your phone. You can also use it to kick the phone out of recovery mode.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjpinard View Post
    Okay, how do I deal with this? My phone has a black screen, and when I hook it up to iTunes there is a message that says, "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

What do I do?
    Download tinyumbrella and click on save shsh. Or run Cydia and tell us if it has numbers in green on top of it's homepage
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic