Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia asked for upgrades, downloaded them, installed and hanged... what should I do?

Default Cydia asked for upgrades, downloaded them, installed and hanged... what should I do?
    Once I got jailbroken I went to Cydia, and first thing it asked me to do was to upgrade some packages. I let it, it went to black console-like screen, downloaded them, removed some, upgraded others, and went down to Setting up Cydia (1.1.1)... and hanged there. I can browse iphone, works as usual, but Cydia is still at that screen. Should I wait, kill it, or?... Could that happen because of iPhone went to sleep during the update?

I eventually have quit Cydia and rebooted the iPhone. It got resolved this way.
    Last edited by jayarjo; 2011-07-29 at 06:37 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Until there is a better and permanent solution to this issue:

Every time Cydia finishes an install and shows a 'Respring' or 'Reboot' button. Stop !

Power off the iPhone with the power button, wait 2-3 sec, power on. It works

Note: There is a 1.1.2 Cydia update floating around the web that ...may... help.
    I would advise waiting until an update comes through official channels.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

@Mes afaik 1.1.2 was for jbme's new stashing method

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Actually there is a 1.1.2 version floating out there for the old 2G/3G 3.x users. IYeow found it a couple days ago. I tested it last night a it was faster and appeared to solve the spinning wheel issue.

I don't know if it's really the same 1.1.2 or what.

Are you saying it's the same one?
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-29 at 06:30 PM.

@Mes,

Every time Cydia finishes an install and shows a 'Respring' or 'Reboot' button. Stop !
    What will happen if I don't stop? 'Cause initially it hanged without any such button or message. Just hanged. But when I was installing ultrasn0w it showed Reboot button and I clicked it. It said something about JavaScript and if I want to let it to do it (JavaScript call can initiate iPhone reboot?..) and it restarted without any problem. So... not sure what you had in mind when you gave such advice..?

Thanks

@mes I don think there can be two 1.1.2 .. Maybe i am wrong.. If it was something imp I think it would have been pushed as an essential update in Cydia .. Watcha think?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@jayarjo: If you let the spinning wheel go long enough -- likely nothing . It's all about getting everything finished and properly sync'd before restarting.

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    @mes I don think there can be two 1.1.2 .. Maybe i am wrong.. If it was something imp I think it would have been pushed as an essential update in Cydia .. Watcha think?
    Exactly I am hesitant when getting anything except from Cydia. And since 1.1.2 comes from a megaupload site ...

On the other hand ... It did work on my old 2G
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-29 at 06:45 PM.

Thanks

Hmmm.. Enjoy it while it lasts