Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 JB Problems

Default iPhone 4 JB Problems
    Ok at work yesterday and 1 of the lads was sitting trying to JB his iPhone 4, iTunes was asking him to insert a valid SIM Card when he had finished, it was just like the 1 I fixed the other day for someone on a 3GS, so being cocky I told him to download the latest version of redsnow which I had used on the 3GS and away it went, saw the pineapple animation etc but now it's sitting at screen with the itunes logo and the usb cable. I assume this is recovery mode but I've tried Tiny Umbrella, the fix recovery for TU, iReb, Recboot but it just keeps coming back to recovery mode. I'm not sure which FW he was using to JB initially but I've been trying 4.3.3, would trying a lower FW say 4.2.1 work? I'm pulling my hair out. Iíve tried doing a restore using official FW 4.3.3 AND 4.2.1 thru iTunes but keep getting a 3194 error. I've added the apple server exploit in the HOSTS file but no joy. I've tried in DFU mode and recovery mode but no luck so far. I cannot turn the iPhone off either unless the usb cable is unplugged as soon as I plug it in it boots to the recovery screen, very frustrating.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Download ifaith from official site.
    Dump shsh.
    Make a signed ipsw using them.
    Put the phone in pwned dfu state
    Shift restore in iTunes .

Use redsn0w to hacktivate.
    Use SAM to get official activation

http://www.bingner.com/SAM.html

Done.
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Ok not long in from work, I had iFaith downloaded yesterday but it appeared to not be working. So I've tried again. I've managed to put the iPhone in DFU mode, iFaith is running as I have some txt on the iPhone screen saying it's initialized, iFaith is showing that it's detecting IOS please wait and it's still at pass zero of 5. Does it usually take long? Or has something crashed? It's just that I'm heading out to a concert shortly and just wondered if I should leave it running. Thanks for the help so far.

Thanks

It takes some time ..

Ok just checked the status of iFaith and it's still running but the iPhone has reverted back to the itunes recovery logo, somethings not right there I suspect

Thanks

Do it again.,download ifaith again from the official site..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xtacy For This Useful Post:

Dark Raider (2011-07-31)

Ok done that still the same thing happening, back to itunes recovery screen on iPhone after about 15 mins

Thanks

Can u try it on another pc ? Try running it on xp compatibility mode

Yeah that was my next thought to try on another PC which I can do but it won't be till tomorrow as I'm off to this gig now but thanks for the advice and help so far

Thanks

Also use a different cord

Unfortunately I don't have another cord so I'll have to perceiver with the one I have

Ok tried on my daughters netbook but when I run iFaith and try to put it into DFU mode the iPhone literally switches off and I have to hold the power and home button for about 15 secs to get it back on. I can do it on my own PC though. iFaith is saying that SHSH Blobs captured but it's still sitting saying detecting IOS, are the Blobs saved somewhere or do I have to wait for it to run thru the whole process?

Ok, just tried iFaith v1 on my other daughters 17" Toshiba, runs ok, put into DFU mode but now getting error Unknown IOS detected on this device aborting and back to the recovery screen. I wonder if that's why on my own PC the latest version of iFaith is hanging at the detecting IOS part but not putting the error up on the screen
    Last edited by Dark Raider; 2011-07-30 at 10:37 AM.

Ok managed to get the iPhone restored at last. iFaith was no use, managed to get the ECID thru Device Manager USB port and manually added it to TU, it said he had 4.3.5 and 5 blobs possibly why it wouldn't work with the 4.3.3 I was trying to install. Anyway it's now restored to 4.3.5, thanks for the help.