Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help me Jailbreak an iphone 4 for the first time

Default Please Help me Jailbreak an iphone 4 for the first time
    Hello Everyone. I bought an jailbroken iPhone 4 as soon as it was available in New Zealand. I decided to by a jailbroken iPhone 4 as there were limited supplies of unjailbroken iphone 4.. and Recently I thought i should update my iPhone 4s software..
    And i am not sure how to do this..

Do i have to update the software on iTunes and jailbreak the updated software? Could someone please give me clear instructions on how to update my jailbroken iPhone 4.0.1 to the latest? Thanks alot.. my network career is Vodafone NZ..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alfn23 View Post
    Hello Everyone. I bought an jailbroken iPhone 4 as soon as it was available in New Zealand. I decided to by a jailbroken iPhone 4 as there were limited supplies of unjailbroken iphone 4.. and Recently I thought i should update my iPhone 4s software..
    And i am not sure how to do this..

Do i have to update the software on iTunes and jailbreak the updated software? Could someone please give me clear instructions on how to update my jailbroken iPhone 4.0.1 to the latest? Thanks alot.. my network career is Vodafone NZ..
    If you haven't been saving your shsh blobs then I would stay exactly where you are as the most recent updates in itunes are crap. They are just security fixes and the jailbreak for those will be tethered. 4.3.3 was the last firmware that you could have an untethered jailbreak.

Now since you say you already have a jailbroken device I would plug that device up to Tiny Umbrella and select "save shsh" and see what comes up. If by chance it has saved your shsh files for 4.3.3 and lower then it would be wise to create a custom firmware for 4.3.3 and restore to that. This will not only preserve your baseband but will jailbreak your device as well.

Here are some resources to help you get started.

TU:
    The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Sn0wbreeze, iReb, iFaith:
    iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones

Firmwares:
    Firmware - Downloads - ModMyi Forums
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-07-28 at 04:06 PM.