Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroke 4.3.4, iBooks won't load completely

Default Jailbroke 4.3.4, iBooks won't load completely
    So I upgraded by mistake to 4.3.4, but went ahead and figured out how to do the tethered jailbreak. I had an issue with my Pageonce application that I had previously downloaded, the icon dissapeared. The app would show on iTunes but would dissapear instantly from my phone no matter how many times I downloaded it. Anyway, I just downloaded the Pro version instead and settled for that.

I then went ahead and opened iBooks and realized that it would open, but before it could load the books on my shelf, the app would close, I tried to re-install it and all that. Eventually I read that there was something I could download from Cydia to fix it, "iBooks Fix" from *mod edit: repo removed*. That did not work either, does anyone else have this problem? Anybody have any suggestions? I can't find much information on this.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2011-07-28 at 02:44 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Pirate repo :-/

Quote Originally Posted by xtacy View Post
    Pirate repo :-/
    ? That doesn't help.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

have to downgrade iBooks to an older version. Will have to look up the info.

http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-jailbr...jailbreak.html
    Last edited by Cer0; 2011-07-28 at 01:41 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yep I was going to go on 4.2.8 but had to downgrade to 4.2.6 so I could get iBooks to work right. But see I have SHSHs, if you have SHSHs you should restore to 4.2.1 then. Or not jailbreak on 4.3.4 bc it is the jb that is causing iBooks to not work. Fancy work courtesy of Apple

The Cydia fix solution I believe only works on 4.2.1 too, maybe 4.3.3 but I'm not sure. But 4.2.1 for sure.

So basically I can't use iBooks anymore lol. Anybody know a way around this without me having to downgrade?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I've tried everything to avoid downgrading to make iBooks work and I've come up with nothing. I did lots of research and looked for any patches or fixes, still nothing. So I resolved to downgrading.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

FordRacer2007 (2011-08-02)

Well thanks, if anyone comes up with something please let me know, I really don't want to downgrade but I will stick to 4.3.4 for now.