Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safe to "Restore from Backup" without SSH blob?

Default Safe to "Restore from Backup" without SSH blob?
    Just trying to be safe here...I'm running 4.3.3 on a fresh replacement iPhone. Can I restore my backup from the previous phone without being required to update to 4.3.5?

I'm trying to confirm that, unlike a full restore, a "restore from backup" doesn't have anything to do with the firmware, just the settings, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Setup from backup restore will not change your iOS fw but it may cause problems and you will need a fresh restore.

download ifaith v1.1 and save those blobs.

So iFaith really does work with firmwares no longer being signed by Apple? I wonder why iFaith can do this but tinyumbrella can't.

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Setup from backup restore will not change your iOS fw but it may cause problems and you will need a fresh restore.
    Why would you say it "may cause problems"? If no FW data is being replaced, isn't it just moving settings, contacts, texts, and saved app data over to the phone? Why would you anticipate problems? Not doubting you, just hoping for some details.

Thanks to both of you for helping.
    Last edited by JayHD; 2011-07-27 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayHD View Post
    So iFaith really does work with firmwares no longer being signed by Apple? I wonder why iFaith can do this but tinyumbrella can't.
    tiny umbrella pulls from server, and ifaith pulls from the device it self