Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My iPhone won't let me update or restore, any help?

Default My iPhone won't let me update or restore, any help?
    My iPhone 4 is jailbroken with the 4.3.2 tethered redsn0w software. Something happened and now whenever I use my phone it has to be in safe mode. It said something about the mobile substrate not being the cause, but it saved from crashing or something. I keep getting the Error 3194. It won't let me update my phone or restore it either because of this error. I even tried modifying the hosts file like I saw on youtube. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Run Tiny Umbrella, adv tab : uncheck : set hosts file to cydia . close itunes and reopen. Now do your update or restore if you are going for the current firmware which is 4.3.5.
    If you want 4.3.3, you must have 4.3.3 shsh file.

Check with TU or the front page of cydia if you have 4.3.3 shsh blob.

You need to Start tss server with 4.3.3 saved blob in TU before you can restore to 4.3.3 again cos apple is no longer signing 4.3.3, only 4.3.5
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-27 at 12:14 AM.

i just want to update it, no more jailbreak for me. but that didnt work, anything else i can do? thanks for the help tho

if you dont want a jailbreak anymore. just delete the gs.apple lines at the end of your hosts file. restart your computer, then restore to 4.3.5

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    if you dont want a jailbreak anymore. just delete the gs.apple lines at the end of your hosts file. restart your computer, then restore to 4.3.5
    it didnt work either, still error 3194...i dont know what to do

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sappy01 View Post
    i just want to update it, no more jailbreak for me. but that didnt work, anything else i can do? thanks for the help tho
    Run tiny umbrella, go to adv option and deselect : set hosts file to cydia. Now run itunes and do your restore.