Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't get iReb working

Default Can't get iReb working
    I'm trying to downgrade my iTouch 2g MB from 4.1 to 3.1.3. Unfortunately I can't get my ipod in pwned DFU mode. I've used 3 different versions of iReb and none work. The iReb 4.1.x-4.1 won't give me the "waiting for custom firmware" and RC2 and RC4 just plain still give me the 16xx errors. Also i tried using resn0w to enter it but i can't find the "just boot pwned dfu mode" i think it's only for iphone 2/3g. How am i supposed to downgrade?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't know the iTouch 2G, but noticed your problem.

Because you're going to 3.1.3, is pwnd-DFU mode required !?!?
    Maybe yes because of the obvious 16xx errors. Just thinking ............

What happens when you load stock 3.1.3? Normal DFU?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I believe it's required if the device hasn't been jailbroken by a non-userland jb before (such as redsn0w or blackra1n)

Couldn't you just use redsn0w to get it into DFU mode?

Edit: with redsn0w I mean use the latest version. Doesn't matter what fw you're on or trying to get to so long as you get past the initial screen to select to put into pwned dfu mode.

ok so your saying that i can just throw any firmware at redsn0w and use the enter pwned dfu mode?

Itunes error 3194 I'm pretty sure that to get from ios4 to ios3 you NEED to restore down to a custom firmware made by sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool.
    Last edited by gR0wDyFiEn; 2011-07-26 at 11:58 PM.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

3194 isn't the error for need of cfw. That's an error for you not having SHSHs or not utilizing them.

well when i try to restore from 4.1 to 3.1.3 stock in DFU i get 3194 nonetheless. MB models don't need shsh blobs for anything. When i try to restore to 3.1.3 using a CFW cooked by sn0wbreeze and use iReb i still get 16xx errors. This is quite frustrating.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gR0wDyFiEn View Post
    ...... When i try to restore to 3.1.3 using a CFW cooked by sn0wbreeze and use iReb i still get 16xx errors.
    Sn0wbreeze is a complete utility and assists putting the iPhone into DFU. iReb is not needed or required

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

No MB models still need SHSHs. It's a misconception that they are like the iPhone 3G and don't need SHSHs.

The difference between an MC and MB model iPod Touch 2G is the old and new boot thing. MB models are just always untethered so when you're restoring to 3.1.3 you need to have SHSHs and you need to be running the TSS Server. It doesn't matter if you use a custom fw or not, you still have to have SHSHs. So if you don't you can't restore to 3.1.x. 3194 only occurs when you're trying to restore without SHSHs, that's the only time anybody will ever get that error.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A very good explanation i.Annie.

iTunes Errors: http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index....=ITunes_Errors
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-27 at 04:09 AM.

wow i didn't know that. I hate ios4 it's laggy, a battery-drainer, and it always crashes.