Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g 4.2.1 help

Default iphone 3g 4.2.1 help
    I have an iphone 3g and just updated to 4.2.1. I thought this would be fine to go ahead and update because I read a bunch of forums that clearly had jailbreaks and unlocks for them but I can't find any of the software that requires the break. Redsnow 0.9.8 or the b6 version. As for greenpoison, my iphone isn't even recognized in dfu mode when itunes clearly sees it trying (not at the same time as break) and pwntage tool 4.2 is mac only and I'm running windows 7 home premium legit. I am going insane. Seriously, I just want to unlock and jailbreak but all the threads are outdated by 5 or so months. I don't trust other sites for my downloads since they have thrown so many viruses on me when I had tried them. I have jailbroken my 2g twice successfully but the 3g seems impossible or I am not seeing the threads. If anyone out there has a 3g 4.2.1 or some kind of answer or direction, I will be very very appreciative. PLEASE, don't send me to the dev team website, they don't have software for it. I could be an idiot and not see something although I've been at this all day and its now 1:30 am. Thanks for your participation.

also, my pc says 1:30 am but posts on forums, fbook, or anywhere always show the wrong time. fml

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can jailbreak your newly restored 4.2.1 with Redsn0w RC 8

You have also update your baseband which is not unlockable but you can update to ipad basband to unlock with Ultrasn0w.
    Updating to ipad baseband will make you lose your GPS functionality, your location services will be out of range.

Run redsn0w to install cydia first and run again the second time to install ipad bb ( if you want to unlock )
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-25 at 08:00 AM.

Default Thank you
    That explains alot of things. My only problem is now, modmyi doesn't have redsnow rc8... where can I download a copy of this software safely?

I've jailbroken this a couple times now and it works smoothly but then it keeps getting stuck on "uploading ramdisk"? I let it sit until it turns itself off. Shall I add the ipad baseband in prematurally? Or is there something else going on wrong?

Ok. First off, here is the fix I found for uploading ramdisk. This link gives you clear steps and has worked for me. People using windows 7 will need this step to jailbreak.
    Fix Redsn0w.exe Has Stopped Working Error in Windows 7 | Jaxov
    Secondly, iYeow, I love you.
    Last edited by shygiasson; 2011-07-26 at 02:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Excellent, now you have learned how to put Redsn0w in Xp Sp2 compat and run as admin and set affinity to 1.