Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS frozen

Question 3GS frozen
    I hope I'm in the right spot for this. Pardon my inexperience, I'm old and not very computer literate. If you type slow I'll eventually catch on. It's my kid's (14) phone so I have limited info but here is what I know. The phone is 3gs, on AT&T purchased by my son, used. It was jailbroken I don't know how but there was a cydia app on it. It was working fine up to a week ago. Lost 3G, voice and wifi still working. Tried to reset carrier settings using the phone..nothing. He then decided to reset the entire phone, all apps except stock gone, but still no 3G. So then he used itunes to update/restore.....he's not sure. The update/restore failed with error code 29. Tried again, still failed now error 1601. The phone is now stuck on the apple logo. It changes to the itunes/usb screen when home is pressed. My computer and itunes no longer "see" the phone. Can anyone help save this phone? Laptop is running vista, desk computer on XP. I ran the diagnostics on itunes help, the file says the iphone firmware was 4.3.3.

thanks for any help

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Have you used tiny umbrella ? Do you know if you have 4.3.3 shsh blob in Tiny Umbrella ?

Default re: tiny umbrella
    I read the guide on tiny umbrella, even more confused now. however I somehow got my phone in DFU, clicked on "save shsh", and nothing showed. The log report says 0 saved shsh. So I have to say no. No saved blobs. I did use iFaith, and it found one. "4.2.1 (8C148)" Would that be what I'm looking for? Or is that just a generic one size fits all file? Any hope for me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Pm me your gmail. I will try to help u don't worry it wil start working..
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moe.pickles View Post
    I read the guide on tiny umbrella, even more confused now. however I somehow got my phone in DFU, clicked on "save shsh", and nothing showed. The log report says 0 saved shsh. So I have to say no. No saved blobs. I did use iFaith, and it found one. "4.2.1 (8C148)" Would that be what I'm looking for? Or is that just a generic one size fits all file? Any hope for me?
    You can use iFaith to dump your 4.2.1 shsh first. Don't use it until you need to restore as it may not work and you will be forced to 4.3.4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

moe.pickles (2011-07-25)

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    You can use iFaith to dump your 4.2.1 shsh first. Don't use it until you need to restore as it may not work and you will be forced to 4.3.4.
    iYeow, I do appreciate your help . I don't know what to do next. I need a step by step. I don't want to waste anyone's time, but if you can point me to a guide, another thread/post or just what direction I need to follow, I'll do the homework.

Thanks

Usually using iFaith, you need to have a bootable iphone to dump your shsh blob and when done use it to build a custom firmware.
    Not sure if recovery mode will allow it to dump.
    Try runnig ifaith and dump your shsh blob in recovery mode.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

moe.pickles (2011-07-26)

Yeah, it didn't work in recovery.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

I asked u too add me on yahoo :-/.. Anyways as ifaith gave blobs of 4.2.1 use them to make a signed ipsw. Put phone in pwned dfu and restore.

Bust. FW not compatable.

Thanks

Ahh.. Do one thing. Connect to TU CLICK On save shsh. Tell me If it downloads shsh for 4.1
    Come online on your yahoo if u can right now. I pmed u my yahoo add me there

no shsh at all.

Thanks

Just try restoring to stock 4.1 without help of tinyumbrella or anything.. Apple has started signing em so u might be in luck

If that wobt work then Again use ifaith
    Dump shsh
    Make a signed ipsw
    Put phone in pwned dfu state
    Shift restor.

Sorry could not respond on yahoo .. Was sleeping.. Just woke up. Still under the blanket