Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help me please!

Question Help me please!
    I jailbroke my phone when I first bought it so it is still on the original iOS that it came with. It's getting to the point where I can no longer download things from the app store because it's not 4.0 or higher. My iphone is a 3gs with new bootrom jailbroke on 3.1.2. The jailbreak that I use now is tethered so I don't mind if my next one us too.

What I need help with though is the entire process of jailbreaking a pre-jailbroke phone. I've read tons of guides but they are over my head and never answer all my questions such as do I need to get rid of this jailbreak first? And will that make me lose all my custom things I've done to the phone? Do I update it straight from iTunes and then hack it?

A dumbed down step by step guide that goes into all the details most people leave off would be great because I am just so freaking confused.

Tyvm <3
    xoxo

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can use Pkgbackup ( purchased app ) to backup your settings. Then sync with itunes.
    You should have 4.3.3 shsh blob since you jailbreak it awhile ago and have saved shsh blob.

If you don't need unlock and you are with official carrier you can restore to stock firmware.
    Download the latest tiny umbrella.
    Plug iphone in and click save shsh.
    Make sure you are requesting it from Cydia, the option is in TU.
    Start Tss Server
    Download 4.3.3 ipsw
    Run itunes : shift + restore to 4.3.3 ipsw which you have downloaded.
    Let your valid sim activate it
    Jailbreak it with Jailbreakme.com from Safari on your iphone.
    Setup as New iphone and sync your contacts.
    Install Pkgbackup again and do your backup restore from Pkgbackup.
    As for itunes stuffs, synce back what you need like apps ,contacts, music and videos
    You will lose some stuffs but no all of it.