Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't unjailbreak my 3GS on snowbreeze - can anyone help me?

Default Can't unjailbreak my 3GS on snowbreeze - can anyone help me?
    Hi I have an iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) that I'd like to unjailbreak. I am jailbroken on 4.3.3 with snowbreeze (latest version).

When I try to restore on iTunes at some point in the process iTunes gives error 1015. I tried using ireb to put it into DFU, same error. I tried downloading the 4.3.4 firmware and using shift + restore.

I tried editing the host file and adding 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com, which gives a different error 3194 - but I suspect this is the wrong route as I do not want to jailbreak so I should be trying to get it to work with Apple's servers right? All the other suggestions I've found like using tiny umbrella etc all seem to be related to jailbreaking so I'm not sure if it's stuff I should be trying.

Searching on the internet brings up what to do with the 1015 error if you want to jailbreak - I can't find any knowledge on what to do with this error if you want to unjailbreak.

My baseband is 06.15.00.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers.
    Last edited by sach160; 2011-07-24 at 06:18 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You can only unjailbreak if you have 4.1 shsh blob or lower by restoring to stock firmware.
    If you only have blob for 4.2.1 or higher, you have to jailbreak it because you have the ipad bb.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2011-07-24 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks for the reply. Does Cydia remember old shsh blogs? Or backups that I used to do with pkgbackup?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sach160 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Does Cydia remember old shsh blogs? Or backups that I used to do with pkgbackup?
    All shsh linked to your device are saved by Cydia on it's servers.
    Run tinyumbrella to Chek whether you have em or not.
    Also does Cydia show some numbers in green on it's homescreen?
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

There are a row of green numbers along the top in cydia, all iOSes from 3.1.2 to 4.3.4. There are no shsh's in tiny umbrella (screenshot attached).

Does this help determine if is possible for me to unjailbreak my device or not? Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -untitled.png  

Thanks

Download latest TU, adv tab ,select request shsh from cydia , click save shsh. Now you have shsh ranging from 3.1.2. to present.

Cool I get that, but then what do I? Can someone point me to or give a step by step process for unjailbreaking in this case?

Thanks

Dint he tell you it's not possible to unjailbreak it coz of 6.15.00 baseband?!?

Make a custom 4.2.1 ipsw using sn0wbreeze 2.2 ( I don't remember the exact number for 4.2.1 .. It's either 2.2 or 2.3)
    Fire tss server from tinyumbrella.
    Put ur phone in pwned dfu state.
    Shift restore using the cooked Cfw .

Done . 4.2.1 will run best on ur phone. Why do you wanna unjailbreak it?!?

Thanks

To unjailbreak at 4.1 do this :
    Restore to stock 4.1 fw.
    Use tiny umbrella to kick out 1015.
    Now you are at emergency.
    Let official sim to activate.
    If it does activate ,then you are back to factory setting except you have iPad bb

Missed one part , you need to restore using 4.1 shsh blob in TU or u will get error 3194

Thanks

Lol I don't like when someone helps someone unjailbreak

Thanks

Why ? He has his reason to unjailbreak. Just fulfill his request.

Thanks

Welllll... Uh Yeahh

I appreciate the help guys but I think you guys are too smart for me. I still can't figure out from this thread whether or not i can unjailbreak- some info suggests that because of my baseband I can't, but then other steps are offered so I'm just left confused

Thanks for trying to help.

I have 2 reasons to unjailbreak and to be honest looking back over my last 18 months as a jail broken user I wish I had never done it.

1. All the good stuff (to me) on jailbreak like bitesms slow down my device to the point where I wanted to upgrade phone. it was only wihen I accidentally messed my phone ip and had to rejailbreak did I realise how much faster it was without jail broken apps. It's the difference between me a) wanting to keep my phone and b) upgrading. Jailbreak offers cool features but none are nearly as important as snappiness and speed to me in a phone. So no more jailbreqk for me.

2. The amount of time I've lost over messed up attempts to upgrade firmware. Jail breaking is only simple if everything goes as planned. I get errors and it's just not worth the time fir what you get. It's much better to be able to safely upgrade as soon as new apple software is available.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Note: If the Cydia screen shows SHSH blobs, then you can get them with Tiny Umbrealla.
    Open TU, Select advanced tab, check 'Get from Cydia'
    Press Save SHSH

--- c/p from iYeow post # 9 ---

To unjailbreak at 4.1 do this :
    Start TU, start TSS server
    Restore to stock 4.1 fw.
    Use tiny umbrella to kick out 1015.
    Now you are at emergency.
    Let official sim to activate.
    You are back to factory setting except you have iPad bb
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-07-26 at 06:02 AM.

A question (as I'm not completely familiar with the baseband issues):

if you have 06.15.00 but all the blobs saved from older basebands, is it possible to downgrade the baseband back to iPhone stock? (older version, then presumably upgrade to newer stock)

If not, then are you stuck with using custom firmware to update from now on?
    (or at least, until Apple releases a baseband with a higher version number than 06.15.00 for iPhone)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^You're confusing the purpose of SHSH blobs. They allow older iOS firmware versions to load and have nothing to do with the baseband.

Let's get back on topic and allow sach160 to get it done.

Thanks for clarifying guys. One last question before I put the iPhone under the knife-

Once I've got to 4.1 unjailbroken, can I then update to the latest apple firmware via iTunes and will I be able to continue upgrading through iTunes in the future?

Thanks

No coz u have iPad baseband .. Anything over 4.2.1 will need to be jailbroken.
    Btw what does sach stand for ?

Aha! Finally I understand. Thanks. Sach stands for Sachin which is my name, unless of course you thought it stood for something cooler in which case - it stands for that.

So I might as well leave my iPhone unjailbroken without any jailbreak apps until apple upgrade the iPhone baseband. When apple upgrade the iPhone baseband will I be able to fully unjailbreak my iPhone with working stock updates?

Thanks

I guessed SRT
    for some reason I don think apple will ever go above 5.xx coz if they do that the iPad baseband wont be permanent.. I don't think apple wants that.. I still don't get y u wud remove the jailbreak

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast