Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please Help!

Default Please Help!
    3gs Missing Icons after deleting ebooks with Iphone Explorer

I have lost alot of icons after using iphone explorer to delete some ebooks when it crashed and now alot of those icons will not reappear with SBSsettings hide unhide. I synced, restored from back up and did a hard reboot and nothing has helped. I have no Cydia icon and the search function returns no results I also only have 1 dock icon and it's the settings one. I'm running 3.1.3 fw unlocked with ultrasnow baseband 05.12.01 I don't know what program jailbroke the phone or I could attempt updating to a custom firmware....Anyone got a solution for this?

I've also tried a custom firmware upgrade to 4.3.3 and 4.2.1 but I get an error 3194 I researched that error and followed the directions o edit the host file and untick the appropriate box on tinyumbrella, and also renamed the file too and nothing as of yet has worked. TinyUmbrella says no shsh saved but on cydia when I could pull it up before it went missing I remember i said I had shsh saved for 4.0.1 so I'm downloading that as we speak and also the appropriate sn0wbreeze to see if I can get it working that way.

Can someone please offer me some help?
    Last edited by bradmullins007; 2011-07-24 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Use the latest version of TU and download all shsh blob from Cydia and tell me what you have .

You don't have to post a pic up here.

I remember it saying I had no shsh for any versions but on cydia when it was working i remember I had shsh for 4.0.1 and another but I dont remember which. I tried a custom restore to 4.0.1 and still error 3194 and Ive read all night about it and tried everything downgrading itunes as we speak...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    I remember it saying I had no shsh for any versions but on cydia when it was working i remember I had shsh for 4.0.1 and another but I dont remember which. I tried a custom restore to 4.0.1 and still error 3194 and Ive read all night about it and tried everything downgrading itunes as we speak...
    Have you tried retrieving the shsh blobs from cydia?

In tiny umbrella under the advanced tab just select/check the option "request shsh from cydia" and it should use your shsh blobs from cydia if indeed they are saved there.

Thanks

If you don't have shsh = or < 4.3.3, then there is nothing much you can do but only restore to 4.3.4 which will update your baseband and no unlock.

I had shsh I know I made sure I clicked make my life easier. I have that checked on tinyumbrella to no avail its not working....

Thanks

Without your iphone plugged in , so you are saying you did all these in TU , you do see your device name and you are requesting shsh blob from Cydia and after clicking save shsh, you don't see any blob, right ?

Or you have not done the above.

Well without the phone plugged in it does nothing for me but once I plug it in and click save shsh/ I get this.
    07/24/2011 02:38:01.106 Finished saving SHSHs for [B-RaD's Iphone] 07/24/2011 02:38:01.206 Caching shsh files... 07/24/2011 02:38:01.216 Found [0] shsh files to cache... 07/24/2011 02:38:01.224 Cached [0] shsh files

My phone can be on but alot is gone. No call icon, actually no dock icons except "settings" Can I reinstall this stuff?

Thanks

It looks like you don't have any blob, you can't restore to any version other than 4.3.4

so being that it is jailbroke I should go to itunes and restore or update?

After many hours of wasted reading I updated to 4.3.4. I havent JB yet but it was chancy bc I am using Straight Talk and everything besides MMS is working I think. No more cool iphone I'll sell it and acquire another one I suppose.