Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP iPhone freezes updating to iOS5 beta 4

Default HELP iPhone freezes updating to iOS5 beta 4
    I was running a jailbroken version of iOS5 beta 3. I tried the OTA update before we knew it wouldn't work. I then decided to restore my phone to an un-jailbroken version of iOS5 beta 3 and it froze while restoring. It almost finishes on the iTunes screen then on the iPhone itself it freezes underneathh the second bump on the bottom of the apple logo. I have tried restoring from recovery mode using beta 3 and 4, tried restoring from DFU mode using beta 3 and 4. Have tried using different USB ports as well. I am using my macbook pro running OS 10.7 Lion. Any advice or suggestions? I have also tried using rec boot to get out of recovery mode and it didn't help at all. I have my SHSH stored up to 4.3.3. Can I use tiny umbrella to down grade? I opened it and I'm guessing because my phone is stuck in recovery or DFU mode it won't read what SHSH's I have stored with cydia...

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Try Pwn'd DFU mode and make sure you have your host files pointing to Apple and NOT Cydia.

If that doesn't work, try running the phone completely out of power and try again...
    iPhone 4S iOS 5.0 Non JB
    ~OSx Lion 10.7.2 Hackintosh Pro Dual Boot Win7 @ 4.5GHz
    Rock River AR-15 5.56mm NATO
    ~9mm S&W Sigma
    We carry iPhones and guns here in Texas

How do I have my host files point at apple? And when I do try the DFU I use redsn0w to enter Pwn'd mode

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trevorrawson View Post
    How do I have my host files point at apple? And when I do try the DFU I use redsn0w to enter Pwn'd mode
    In tiny umbrella go to the Advanced tab and uncheck " set to cydia hosts upon exit"

then just run the process like normal

Ok...big problem. This is my first time using tiny umbrella. So I have never before used the app to get my saved SHSH blobs from cydia. Now my phone is stuck in either recovery mode or DFU mode depending on what I put it in. Is there anyway to get my saved blobs without using tiny umbrella? Then once I have them I can use it to downgrade and hopefully for the love of God get my phone working again!!