Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading to 4.3.3 - Unknown error has occurred (3194)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Make sure port 80 is open for TU to run. Close skype or teamviewer.
    Are you on XP ?

I've killed Skype and tried opening it again. I'm on Vista.

Thanks

Skype uses port 80 as well, that may be reason why tss server can't run.

Ah, when I click Start TSS Server it now says it is running. Right, I will try going through your instructions that you left me on the first page. Fingers crossed it works!

Right i've got to the error 1013 and closed it. Itunes then told me it has recognised a phone in recovery mode... Does that mean I have to put it into DFU mode myself, or is it already in this state now? (the iphone screen is showing the itnues logo and cable with arrow)
    Last edited by stannie65; 2011-07-25 at 09:25 PM.

Thanks

Good, Tss Server is running.

iYeow, not sure if you saw my update... i posted it after my previous message but it now appears before your reply! Getting there

All I get now when I run Fixrecovery43 is error the process ITunesHelper.exe not found and underneath "Waiting for device to enter DFU mode" ... Think I'm doing something wrong here! Please can you offer some advice iYeow? Appreciated!

It's ok! I think I have done it now! Running 4.3.3 with Cydia... just need to get all my old apps back now! Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by stannie65; 2011-07-25 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks

Glad you got it going

Oh, nice you did it! I'm gonna have to give this a shot. I had given up hope.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webnola View Post
    Oh, nice you did it! I'm gonna have to give this a shot. I had given up hope.
    Let us know your progress.

Wait, I don't have SHSH. Did you use SHSH, stannie?

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Wait, I don't have SHSH. Did you use SHSH, stannie?
    It is not possible without shsh.
    She call me Mr. Boombastic say me fantastic, touch me in me back
    she say I'm Mr. Ro...mantic

Thanks

Yes, shsh is needed for restore.

Oh yeah, ****. Hey, is there any fw between 4.2.1 (which I have now) and 4.3.3 (which I can't have) which I can/should upgrade to?

My main reason for upgrading is because I am having a number of weird problems with my current setup, not because I necessarily want any new features. I'm getting crazy slowness which often requires reboot or manually closing processes and freeing up memory, both of which are a pain. I sometimes can't even answer a call because it's lagging so hard. That's the main thing, then there's little things here and there which are just minor annoyances but haven't happened in pre-4.2.1 installs so I know they're wrong.

What I'd really like is to troubleshoot the slowness problem without having to reinstall everything, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh yeah, ****. Hey, is there any fw between 4.2.1 (which I have now) and 4.3.3 (which I can't have) which I can/should upgrade to?

My main reason for upgrading is because I am having a number of weird problems with my current setup, not because I necessarily want any new features. I'm getting crazy slowness which often requires reboot or manually closing processes and freeing up memory, both of which are a pain. I sometimes can't even answer a call because it's lagging so hard. That's the main thing, then there's little things here and there which are just minor annoyances but haven't happened in pre-4.2.1 installs so I know they're wrong.

What I'd really like is to troubleshoot the slowness problem without having to reinstall everything, so if someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2. These are in between 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 but just to be honest with you they can be just as bad as 4.3.3. Just my opinion though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

webnola (2011-07-27)

You're gonna need SHSH for anything in-between. If 4.2.1 is the newest FW you've ever had on your phone and you have no blobs for anything in-between that and current, then you're stuck with 4.2.1 or you HAVE to get something currently being signed, which is 4.3.4 and 4.3.5.

I sure wish somebody would crack this signing BS. It's these kind of restrictions that will probably eventually steer me away from Apple.

Wow I'm out of the loop. What's so bad about 4.3.3? The more I learn the more I don't want to upgrade :/

Thanks

Wow I'm out of the loop. What's so bad about 4.3.3? The more I learn the more I don't want to upgrade :/
    Good, what firmware did you restore to ?

None, I'm at 4.2.1 for about a year now

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

As far as I know 4.2.1 was released in last week of November lol

feels like a year, obviously not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12