Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 4 4.3.3 [Snowbreeze custom firmware] help!

  1. #1
    Default iPhone 4 4.3.3 [Snowbreeze custom firmware] help!
    Hello,

    So here's the deal... I have this White iPhone running on 4.3.3 firmware.

    For some reason, I tried to restart the phone and it just would not boot so I decided to restore to 4.3.3 so here are the steps I'm following....

    1. Create custom firmware based on 4.3.3 with Snowbreeze (v2.7.3) using simple mode.

    2. Once it finished, I had an sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.3.3 and my iphone on pwned DFU mode (black screen) waiting to just go into iTunes for shift+restore.

    3. Turned on TSS on TinyUmbrella, proceeded to custom restore it.

    4. It finished with no problems, but after process was completed the phone screen stayed black as if it was in pwned DFU mode (which I confirm that it was on DFU mode cause itunes/tinyumbrella displayed messages)

    5. I tried using fixrecovery43 and no luck... process get completed (greenpoison gets initialized then bunch of letters followed) but for some reason once it reaches the end, the phone just go back to black screen and DFU mode...

    The only way I can use the phone is if I use redsn0w and BOOT TETHERED....but as soon as I try restarting the phone it goes right back to DFU.

    Any help? I just want to have untethered jailbreak..

    Important! This is a friend's iphone and he never saved his SHSH so I just checked with TinyUmbrella and it was able to save 4.3.4 and so on... after requesting them from Cydia (nada) and then from Apple. The phone after a tethered boot is runing 4.3.3 is there any way to save the SHSH?

    Thanks,
    Last edited by locobans; 2011-07-23 at 08:26 AM.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Don't restore to custom firmware, restore to stock 4.3.3 using tss server with saved blob.
    Error 1013 will pop up
    Close the error box and close itunes
    Put your iphone into dfu mode
    Run fix recovery , you can download from here : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Now you reach emergency screen.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Don't restore to custom firmware, restore to stock 4.3.3 using tss server with saved blob.
    Error 1013 will pop up
    Close the error box and close itunes
    Put your iphone into dfu mode
    Run fix recovery , you can download from here : MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
    Now you reach emergency screen.

    Thanks iYeow but....

    Important! This is a friend's iphone and he never saved his SHSH so I just checked with TinyUmbrella and it was able to save 4.3.4 and so on... after requesting them from Cydia (nada) and then from Apple. The phone after a tethered boot is runing 4.3.3 is there any way to save the SHSH?

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 104 Times in 103 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by locobans View Post
    Thanks iYeow but....

    Important! This is a friend's iphone and he never saved his SHSH so I just checked with TinyUmbrella and it was able to save 4.3.4 and so on... after requesting them from Cydia (nada) and then from Apple. The phone after a tethered boot is runing 4.3.3 is there any way to save the SHSH?
    Use ifaith to extract and save the shsh blobs from 4.3.3

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ihappy For This Useful Post:

    locobans (2011-07-23)

  6. #5
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Yes, with your iphone at 4.3.3, don't restore yet, go to iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download iFaith and follow the instruction to save your 4.3.3 blob.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    locobans (2011-07-23)

  8. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Yes, with your iphone at 4.3.3, don't restore yet, go to iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and download iFaith and follow the instruction to save your 4.3.3 blob.
    Is it supposed to get stuck here? Been waiting for a while...by the way once it dumps the SHSH files where will they go so I could build a custom ISPW with the signed blobs already?

    -dumping.jpg

  9. #7
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Be patient, just wait for it to finish.
    It will ask you where you want to store on your computer. Use iFaith to build a custom firmware and restore to it.

    The blob will also be saved in their server as well.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

    locobans (2011-07-23)

  11. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 104 Times in 103 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Be patient, just wait for it to finish.
    It will ask you where you want to store on your computer. Use iFaith to build a custom firmware and restore to it.

    The blob will also be saved in their server as well.
    ^
    What he said

  12. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Be patient, just wait for it to finish.
    It will ask you where you want to store on your computer. Use iFaith to build a custom firmware and restore to it.

    The blob will also be saved in their server as well.
    No problem, I had cancelled it and then setup iFaith to be in compatibility mode with windows XP and ran as administrator and now it's going smoothly :P Will update as soon as I'm finish.

    6/13 blobs so far

    EDIT1:
    Now to restore... do I have to have TinyUmbrella TSS ON?
    The gs.apple.com should be pointed to Cydia's or just delete the line off the hosts files? since the blobs are already signed I believe should be deleted right?

    EDIT2:
    After restoring I get error 37.... any ideas? I have TSS Running and gs.apple.com line deleted
    By the way, it gives me the error right after "verifying restore" once it has completed loading but doesn't load on iphone like regulars restores.
    Last edited by locobans; 2011-07-23 at 09:14 AM.

  13. #10
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    I haven't done it, go look at youtube on how to restore using iFaith.

    You shouldn't run tss server as there isn't any blob there.

    Use the dfu mode in ifaith to get your iphone into dfu mode and then restore in itunes.

  14. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    I haven't done it, go look at youtube on how to restore using iFaith.

    You shouldn't run tss server as there isn't any blob there.

    Use the dfu mode in ifaith to get your iphone into dfu mode and then restore in itunes.
    Yeah I use the DFU mode in iFaith... tried few times and still no luck...

    It looks like it will do it...

    extracting software > preparing iPhone for restore (normally here iPhone reboots but doesn't do nothing) > waiting on iPhone > preparing iPhone software for restore > restoring iPhone software (bar goes real fast too) > verifying iPhone restore.... error 37

    Is it supposed to stay on black screen throughout the whole process?

    iTunes 10.2.1
    Last edited by locobans; 2011-07-23 at 09:32 AM.

  15. #12
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    No , it is not supposed to behave like this, let me do some research and get back to you.

  16. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    No , it is not supposed to behave like this, let me do some research and get back to you.
    Damn... I forgot to say that while I was restoring it, it kinda shocked me (like an electrical shock) real minor, but after that I noticed no matter what I do the screen always stay black... did I messed it up? damn...

  17. #14
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    Don't know, why don't you restore to 4.3.4 first to see if it is working since you have saved the blob with iFaith .

  18. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Don't know, why don't you restore to 4.3.4 first to see if it is working since you have saved the blob with iFaith .
    Trying right now... downloading it on itunes...

    I'm just saying though nothing I do I can bring something on the screen... hard resets, any jailbreaking tools will not bring anything into the screen is just stay black

  19. #16
    Retired Moderator iYeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    13,996
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

    The shock is probably static electricity.
    Yeah , try out, make sure your hosts file is pointing towards apple server for this restore .

  20. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    The shock is probably static electricity.
    Yeah , try out, make sure your hosts file is pointing towards apple server for this restore .
    I restored to 4.3.4 no problems then I use iFaith pwned dfu mode to shift restore to 4.3.3 signed and no luck getting same error 37

  21. #18
    I have 4.3.3 shsh saved tinyumbrella doesn't work kick recovery on vista 64. So what is better method to not use TU

  22. #19
    ^^ You should use fixrecovery43 from tiny umbrella website.

  23. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by locobans View Post
    ^^ You should use fixrecovery43 from tiny umbrella website.
    I tried that. All loaded well but after it finished, rebooted to dfu.

    I started over made custom ipsw with snowbreeze, pointed host to cydia, opened iTunes 10.5 shift restore. Went flawless straight from iOS 5b3. I'm going to try iFaith to make a signed stock ipsw. Doesn't seem to work on vista x64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •